New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- ReWard: Writing for "Exposure?" We're Still On That?
- Maximum Velocity
- Novels & Novellas
- Dayton Who?
- Your Moment of TrekZen*.
- Vegas, baby! Post-#STLV17 catching up.
- Headlong Flight
- Uncle Sam Wants You...even if you're already dead.
- Stuff I've Written
- "You can overuse the 'said' dialogue tag," the writer said.
Search the Fog
- "I wanna read some good old-fashioned slam-bang pulpy science fiction stories. Got anything like that?" BOOM. daytonward.wordpress.com/2017/08/01/max… 3 hours ago
- It's a madhouse, I tell you. #PlanetOfTheApes https://t.co/aGGWBrXJ70 1 day ago
- Today's writing assistant. I give you... Gorn Bread Muffin. #AmWriting #StarTrek https://t.co/6WqFarW5YC 1 day ago
- From History's Shadow, probably. twitter.com/Cefenix/status… 1 day ago
- These new glasses aren't doing much for my productivity. https://t.co/Z0QrxLeWqd 1 day ago
Category Archives: writing
While culling through this morning’s batch of e-Mail, I came across not one but two — count ’em, TWO — “invitations” to write for someone or something. No payment was offered, of course, and the language of the e-Mails themselves … Continue reading
Dear 2017: Slow the hell down. Seriously. I mean, the hell? Where has this year gone? I’m cruising along, enjoying a mild spring, and then BOOM! School’s out, kids are home, kids are wanting to do stuff all the time, … Continue reading
What happens when you spend 20-30 minutes spewing stream-of-consciousness blathering into a phone, pausing for the occasional breath while the person on the other end recovers from that maelstrom and attempts to ask another question? Sometimes, it ends up printed … Continue reading
Last week At Comic-con International in San Diego, the International Association of Media Tie-In Writers (IAMTW) held the annual “Scribe Awards,” which celebrates excellence in the field of writing licensed works that tie into other media such as television, movies, gaming, … Continue reading
As part of the ramp-up leading to the release of Hidden Universe Travel Guides – Star Trek: The Klingon Empire, the nice folks in charge of marketing and publicizing the book had me talk to a number of people. I … Continue reading
Again, with the babbling. Again, with people recording the babbling. Last week, I sat down for a brief chit-chat with Jordan Hoffman, host of Engage: The Official Star Trek Podcast. During our little jawing session, we talk (mostly) about the … Continue reading
In one of the…let’s see, three, four, carry the one…six bazillion Facebook threads or updates I post, or the ones I visit, the topic of my personal writing “rules” came up. I was reminded of an “Ask Dayton” question I … Continue reading
Hidden Universe Travel Guides Explore the homeworld and vast dominion of Star Trek’s most formidable race, the Klingons, in this thrilling travel guide. nuqneH! Bored of standard vacations to places like Risa or Wrigley’s Pleasure Planet? Want to discover a … Continue reading
So, you’ve decided to include the Klingon Empire in your summer vacation travel plans. Maybe you’ve even acquired yourself a copy of the brand spankin’ new Hidden Universe Travel Guides – Star Trek: The Klingon Empire. What? You haven’t done … Continue reading