New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- Pre-order Star Trek: Discovery - Drastic Measures!
- It's Jupiter 2 Launch Day!
- Predator: If It Bleeds
- Cover description for Drastic Measures, my Star Trek: Discovery novel!
- Happy 45th Anniversary, M*A*S*H.
- Dayton Who?
- November writing wrap-up!
- Friday the 12th?
- The sorta late September writing wrap-up.
- Talking about Star Trek Adventures for MODIPHIA!
Search the Fog
- Out today! PREDATOR: IF IT BLEEDS, edited by @BryanThomasS w/tales by moi & a party of favorites! daytonward.wordpress.com/2017/10/17/pre… 1 day ago
- Airport restroom: TSA guy standing at a urinal, doing his thing with one hand while eating a candy bar with the other. #ThingsYouCantUnsee 2 days ago
- The only thing consistent about the wifi at KCI is its ability to consistently suck. 2 days ago
- On this date in 1997, the Jupiter 2 launches, bound for Alpha Centauri. It did so happen! SHUT UP! daytonward.wordpress.com/2017/10/16/its… 2 days ago
- Coming soon to a TV near me. #BabyDriver https://t.co/bcLH9X8fXX 4 days ago
Category Archives: writing
Now we’re talking. The book gods have seen fit to provide us with pre-order options for Drastic Measures, my forthcoming Star Trek: Discovery novel, which will be published on February 6th, 2018. As with David Mack’s Desperate Hours, my book … Continue reading
“IF IT BLEEDS, WE CAN KILL IT.” Major Alan “Dutch” Schaefer (from Predator, 1987) Over the centuries, extraterrestrial hunters of the Yautja race—also known as the Predators—have encountered (and stalked) humans on Earth and in the depths of space. Offered … Continue reading
Tony Healey is a busy guy. He’s a writer, for one thing, but when he’s not hard at work penning his own novels and short stories, he takes time here and there to talk with other writers. It’s a new … Continue reading
The things you find on the internet. StarTrek.com has revealed the back cover copy for Drastic Measures, my Star Trek: Discovery novel which will be published on February 6th, 2018. It is 2246, ten years prior to the “Battle at the Binary Stars,” … Continue reading
Wow, but I’ve been something of a lazy blogger, of late. The thing about working on projects about which you can say little to nothing is that there’s…uh…nothing to talk about on those fronts. I’m rarely given to long diatribes … Continue reading
Awwwww Yisssss. What do I find on the front porch this afternoon, but a brand-spankin’ new car-smellin’ copy of If It Bleeds, a collection of all new Predator short stories, coming very soon from Titan Books and editor Bryan Thomas Schmidt. … Continue reading
I don’t know how I managed to overlook yammering about this earlier in the week, but it seems I did. Chalk it up to trying to knock out a few pending projects and clear the decks for some new stuff getting … Continue reading
BOOM. And just like that, 2017 is two-thirds in the bag. Yep, you read that right. We’re already on the downhill slide, the home stretch, the last lap, the final turn, the whatever other thing we’re almost done with. August … Continue reading
This is what I get for missing staff meetings. Yep! The print edition for the brand-spankin’ new Star Trek Adventures role playing game is up for pre-order, and shipping for the shiny new tome is imminent! The e-Book version has been … Continue reading
It’s been almost five years since Trek.fm launched their Literary Treks podcast. I know, because I was there, invited by then hosts Christopher Jones and Matthew Rushing to sit in as the show’s very first guest. Since then, and even … Continue reading