New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- Star Trek Vanguard: Five years on.
- The best Marine Corps recruiting poster. Ever.
- From the Archives: How *NOT* to write a Star Trek novel.
- "How do you do it?"
- Announcing STAR TREK: SEEKERS!
- Free Reads
- "Assignment: Earth," the so-so Star Trek episode that keeps on giving.
- Ask Navaar...the Rush fan?
- Take a peek inside my Vulcan Travel Guide!
Search the Fog
- We just got Rick-rolled by Stephen Colbert? 10 hours ago
- I'm passionate about being paid for my work. twitter.com/jrvogt/status/… 14 hours ago
- I literally like to put two spaces after a period, because I know it pisses off some people. Literally. I also like to misuse "literally." 1 day ago
- Happy Book Birthday @davidalanmack! His new #StarTrek novel SECTION 31: CONTROL is officially on sale today! simonandschuster.com/books/Section-… 2 days ago
- Happy Birthday to Dorothy Fontana, who helped shape the original Star Trek and whose influence is still felt today. startrek.com/database_artic… 5 days ago
Category Archives: writing wrap-up
February come. February go. It was a month of maneuvering pieces around the game board in preparation for the next big long bout of writing. The next month or three promises to be very busy on a couple of fronts, but I’m … Continue reading
So, 2017 is off and running, eh? Things are cruising along on a few fronts, but a common theme at the moment is that I can’t really talk about things currently in the pipeline. I’m hoping some official announcements will … Continue reading
And now we say goodbye to December, and 2016. Holy crap. That year went by fast. As for January 2017? I’m hitting the ground running, that’s for sure. There are already several balls in the air, but I’ll take busy over thumb … Continue reading
So, we’re in the home stretch, with 2017 now looming on the horizon. To be honest, I’m okay with that. 2016 has been a shit year, in several respects, and I’ll be happy to kick it to the curb. On … Continue reading
Here we are, well into 2016’s last quarter-mile. Where the hell has this year gone? In and around Halloween, Election Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, shopping for Christmas, the War on Christmas, and the end of football season, I have been and … Continue reading
Hello, Autumn. I’m not much of a pumpkin spice guy, so I won’t be partaking of that particular latter-day seasonal tradition, but we are entering my favorite time of the year. The temperatures begin to cool, the leaves start to … Continue reading
Well, August was a weird month. You know those times when you feel like you’re running at full speed for days on end, and when you get to the end of the week or month you feel as though after … Continue reading
Ah, August. What can we say about August, other than HOLY SHIT IT’S ONLY TWO WEEKS UNTIL THE KIDS GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND I CAN WORK IN PEACE AGAIN HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT. :: ahem :: As … Continue reading
July 2016 is a week old, already? I’m calling bullshit on that. So, June was a bit of a weird month. Things going on, pieces moving around the board, other pieces sniffing around the edges of the board because they want … Continue reading