New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
Search the Fog
What People Are Reading
- Happy Judgment Day!
- Your Moment of TrekZen*
- The best Marine Corps recruiting poster. Ever.
- Cover art for Sequart's trio of upcoming Star Wars essay books!
- Novels & Novellas
- What Judgments Come
- 30 years of Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator.
- For you fans of 2001: A Space Odyssey....
- Free Reads
- The Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop, examined logically.
- That moment when your autocorrect looks at what you're typing and just says, "Fuck it. I'm out." #TrueStory 1 day ago
- Armor should be gender neutral. Incoming fire sure as hell is. twitter.com/themarysue/sta… 2 days ago
- Yes, pseudo-celebrity, when you list your Amazon wish list as your website, I judge you. 2 days ago
- Manuscript for one novel approved. Outline for another novel approved. Go word that another project is moving forward. Boo-yah. #WritersLife 2 days ago
- One of the genuinely nice guys in the word-pushing biz, Mr. @GeoffThorne. twitter.com/GeoffThorne/st… 3 days ago
Category Archives: writing advice
What’s that? It’s the 16th again, already? Looks that way, which means it’s once more my turn at bat over at the Novel Spaces blog! It’s because I’m screaming headlong toward a deadline, scrambling, scratching and clawing for every available scrap … Continue reading
Hey, it’s the 15th! Again! In addition to being Father’s Day, it’s also my turn in the rotation over at the Novel Spaces blog! This month’s column comes on the heels of our little blogging team’s “annual sitrep,” during which we … Continue reading
And so it was that on the 27th day of May that our intrepid writer/blogger/dad ventured into the environs of his children’s school, after having been invited by his oldest daughter’s teacher to come and talk to their class about … Continue reading
Today being the 15th and all, that means it’s my turn at bat over at the Novel Spaces blog! I actually missed my turn last month, due to a host of reasons which all boil down to “Dayton Dumb.” Anyway, … Continue reading
Yep, it’s the 15th again, which means it’s my turn in the queue over at the Novel Spaces blog! This month, I muse a little about what I do when the words just won’t come unstuck. Some people call it “writer’s block,” whereas I … Continue reading
Yep, it’s the 15th again, which means it’s my turn at bat over at the Novel Spaces blog! This time, I babble a bit about the “struggles” I sometimes have, juggling my writing with my regular day job these past few years since I became a … Continue reading
Hey, it’s Sunday! It’s actually the first post-football season Sunday, which is kind of a bummer. Yes, there are the Olympic Games, but it’s the winter ones, which means no beach volleyball. But, I have Pacific Rim and Europa Report … Continue reading