New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- Yes, this thing still works.
- We're gonna write a Star Trek comic!
- Some musings on Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
- "I wrote this???"
- So, about that Ticonderoga trip....
- "You can overuse the 'said' dialogue tag," the writer said.
- Happy 25th Birthday, Full Metal Jacket!
- Certificate of Non-Achievement.
- Cover for Planet of the Apes: Tales from the Forbidden Zone!
Search the Fog
- After 38 years on air, @philwittkc's last minute on @fox4kc gets cut off in favor of frikkin' TMZ. Seriously? 3 days ago
- Mongolian stir fry with the family for Father's Day lunch. This is my kind of eatin'. 5 days ago
- Happy Father's Day. https://t.co/mjWH7qqwks 5 days ago
- "NOW!!! FIGHT LIKE APES!!!" twitter.com/marcelocordova… 5 days ago
- Catching up on this past season's last few episodes of SCANDAL. I absolutely love Joe Morton as Eli Pope. 6 days ago
Category Archives: writing advice
Spinning out from a conversation on Facebook, I decided what follows made good fodder for this space. Besides, I haven’t written anything here in a couple of days and cobwebs and stuff were forming in the corners. Anyway, I figured I’d … Continue reading
Wait. What? Holy Schnikes, kids! Look what’s back up and running? I mean, I guess I think it’s back up and running. Let’s see what things are like next week, before we get all excited and shit. But for now? … Continue reading
…if you’re a fucking idiot, that is. So, as I’m occasionally wont to do, I decided to check out the Craigslist ads to see if anything interesting was to be found in the “Writing Gigs” section. Why? Because it was … Continue reading
Hey, it’s Sunday! Didn’t we just do this like a week ago, or something? Yep, it’s the first Sunday after the conclusion of football season, which means I’m in the sports drought that will be my reality…at least until beach … Continue reading
Well, whaddaya know? It’s the 16th again, and that means it’s my turn at bat over at the Novel Spaces blog! All through the month of October, we’re discussing various aspects of handling social media as a writer. Where to go, what to do, … Continue reading
So, hey! It’s the 16th again, and that means it’s my turn in the spotlight over at the Novel Spaces blog! Despite the fact that I’m still dashing like a maniac to meet a manuscript deadline (and fumbling and stumbling my away along … Continue reading
What’s that? It’s the 16th again, already? Looks that way, which means it’s once more my turn at bat over at the Novel Spaces blog! It’s because I’m screaming headlong toward a deadline, scrambling, scratching and clawing for every available scrap … Continue reading
Hey, it’s the 15th! Again! In addition to being Father’s Day, it’s also my turn in the rotation over at the Novel Spaces blog! This month’s column comes on the heels of our little blogging team’s “annual sitrep,” during which we … Continue reading
And so it was that on the 27th day of May that our intrepid writer/blogger/dad ventured into the environs of his children’s school, after having been invited by his oldest daughter’s teacher to come and talk to their class about … Continue reading
Today being the 15th and all, that means it’s my turn at bat over at the Novel Spaces blog! I actually missed my turn last month, due to a host of reasons which all boil down to “Dayton Dumb.” Anyway, … Continue reading