New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- Cabal and Other Irresponsible Invocations of The Muse: A Kickstarter project by Michael Jan Friedman.
- Watching Star Trek back in...the good old days?
- Star Trek Adventures Living Playtest launches! Guess who's mucking about behind the scenes?
- Star Trek 365.
- Headlong Flight
- Haynes' U.S.S. Enterprise Owners' Workshop Manual.
- "Ten for Ward" #18 at StarTrek.com: 10 Star Trek Books I Wish I'd Written.
- Pondering AbeBooks' "Most Searched for Out-of-Print Books of 2016" list.
- Guest Blogging
Search the Fog
- Goodbye, Denver! As always, you and @StarFestDenver were awesome hosts. Hope to see you again in a year or so. 1 day ago
- "Gorilla Marketing." Hah HAH! #PlanetOfTheApes #Starfest2017 https://t.co/d56FAcSqzZ 3 days ago
- Awwwwww Yissssss! @startrektour startrektour.com/special-events… 4 days ago
- Okay, @StarFestDenver...let's do this thing! https://t.co/nA5TjBOM77 4 days ago
- Bit of a throwback for the #Bucs 2017 season: all their rivals from the NFC Central days of old! m.buccaneers.com/s/33201/embedd… 4 days ago
Category Archives: words i hate
EDGY This is one of those words often used by people trying to defend something that they’re absolutely sure is brilliant, and that the rest of us have written off because…well, because it sucks. But, that can’t be right, can … Continue reading
This one’s for you, psiqueue. ANNA NICOLE SMITH Listen, it’s tragic when a mother dies, particularly when she’s mother to an infant. Regardless of the circumstances, few things in life are more saddening than the idea of a child’s mother … Continue reading
W00T What the hell is this word, anyway? It sounds like something a redneck might shriek the first time he’s pegged by an alien rectal probe. You know, before he starts to get into it, but not really…just in case … Continue reading
Aw, hell. I’ve just got too many Corporate-Speak words left now. RESOURCE Every time I hear this one, I cringe. While this entire list has been pretty much one big joke, this is one word I truly despise hearing in … Continue reading
We’re changing the way we do things around here. That’s right, it’s time for a new approach. It’s time to alter our… PARADIGM We have psiqueue to thank for this. I honestly have no frikkin’ idea how this word found … Continue reading
Buckle up, kids! We’re pullin’ out all the stops! We’re gettin’ crazy! It’s Def-Con 1! Things are about to get… EXTREME That’s right, another once-interesting adjective beaten and bloodied into comatose submission by over-eager “visionaries” who felt the need to … Continue reading
Celebrating words which are used to denote the exact opposite of their intended meanings, today’s candidate for banishment is: X-FACTOR You hear this is a lot in sports, politics, entertainment, etc. What’s an "X-Factor?" Well, generally speaking, it’s an unknown, … Continue reading
Today’s word comes to us courtesy of farmishtphoenix: INTERFACE Another entry from Corporate-Speak? So soon? Hey, consider yourself lucky. I’ve actually got enough to fill out the whole month. Anyway, “interface.” Yet another of those dumbass words used to add … Continue reading
For the all the overly-pretentious gits out there who thrive on titles–earned or otherwise–this one’s going out to you. WEBMASTER Now, don’t misunderstand me, the idea behind what this word should represent is one I can support. If you’re an … Continue reading
Corporate-Speak, you sassy bitch, you never fail me. PRE-MEETING This is another of those asinine “nouns” that have taken root in the halls of Corporate America. Let’s just cut to the chase: You’re in a meeting, or you’re not. It’s … Continue reading