New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
Search the Fog
What People Are Reading
- Some holiday reading ideas.
- The best Marine Corps recruiting poster. Ever.
- Planet of the Apes: Tales from the Forbidden Zone
- You say you want to buy my books to give as presents? All righty, then!
- It's the War on Christmas, Charlie Brown!
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds 10 Winners List!
- Sir Christopher Lee, RIP.
- Ask Dayton #107 on the G and T Show: "Pumpkin Spice Is the New Black"
- Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock: The Dice Game.
- Recommending Trek fiction for Non-Trekkie folks.
- To borrow a threat from whoever said it first, if you spoil the new #StarWars flick before I can see it tomorrow ni… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- “I’ve watched this clip about 167 times, and it keeps getting funnier every single time I see it.” — Beetlejuice twitter.com/westwingweekly… 1 day ago
- USPS parcel tracking history: 12/02/2017 - Order shipped. 12/04/2017 - No fucking idea where it is. 12/06/2017 -… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- What I did today: helped with a "pronunciation guide" for the fine folks at @SimonAudio, so they can get going on t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Wait for it......... https://t.co/sCRGoFM2E2 4 days ago
Category Archives: words i hate
EDGY This is one of those words often used by people trying to defend something that they’re absolutely sure is brilliant, and that the rest of us have written off because…well, because it sucks. But, that can’t be right, can … Continue reading
This one’s for you, psiqueue. ANNA NICOLE SMITH Listen, it’s tragic when a mother dies, particularly when she’s mother to an infant. Regardless of the circumstances, few things in life are more saddening than the idea of a child’s mother … Continue reading
W00T What the hell is this word, anyway? It sounds like something a redneck might shriek the first time he’s pegged by an alien rectal probe. You know, before he starts to get into it, but not really…just in case … Continue reading
Aw, hell. I’ve just got too many Corporate-Speak words left now. RESOURCE Every time I hear this one, I cringe. While this entire list has been pretty much one big joke, this is one word I truly despise hearing in … Continue reading
We’re changing the way we do things around here. That’s right, it’s time for a new approach. It’s time to alter our… PARADIGM We have psiqueue to thank for this. I honestly have no frikkin’ idea how this word found … Continue reading
Buckle up, kids! We’re pullin’ out all the stops! We’re gettin’ crazy! It’s Def-Con 1! Things are about to get… EXTREME That’s right, another once-interesting adjective beaten and bloodied into comatose submission by over-eager “visionaries” who felt the need to … Continue reading
Celebrating words which are used to denote the exact opposite of their intended meanings, today’s candidate for banishment is: X-FACTOR You hear this is a lot in sports, politics, entertainment, etc. What’s an "X-Factor?" Well, generally speaking, it’s an unknown, … Continue reading
Today’s word comes to us courtesy of farmishtphoenix: INTERFACE Another entry from Corporate-Speak? So soon? Hey, consider yourself lucky. I’ve actually got enough to fill out the whole month. Anyway, “interface.” Yet another of those dumbass words used to add … Continue reading
For the all the overly-pretentious gits out there who thrive on titles–earned or otherwise–this one’s going out to you. WEBMASTER Now, don’t misunderstand me, the idea behind what this word should represent is one I can support. If you’re an … Continue reading
Corporate-Speak, you sassy bitch, you never fail me. PRE-MEETING This is another of those asinine “nouns” that have taken root in the halls of Corporate America. Let’s just cut to the chase: You’re in a meeting, or you’re not. It’s … Continue reading