New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- Comic-Con Professional Badge: The Unboxening!
- Yes, this thing still works.
- More Berkeley Dumbass-edness.
- Pangaea II: An anthology by a bunch of my friends that needs YOUR HELP!
- The Enterprise NCC 1701 and the Model Maker, by N. Datin McDonald
- After 35 years, RETURN TO TOMORROW is a real book!
- It's Jupiter 2 Launch Day!
- Some musings on Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
- The Armageddon Directive
Search the Fog
- After 38 years on air, @philwittkc's last minute on @fox4kc gets cut off in favor of frikkin' TMZ. Seriously? 4 days ago
- Mongolian stir fry with the family for Father's Day lunch. This is my kind of eatin'. 6 days ago
- Happy Father's Day. https://t.co/mjWH7qqwks 6 days ago
- "NOW!!! FIGHT LIKE APES!!!" twitter.com/marcelocordova… 6 days ago
- Catching up on this past season's last few episodes of SCANDAL. I absolutely love Joe Morton as Eli Pope. 1 week ago
Category Archives: usmc
Berkeley City Council moderates anti-Marine position. The money quote: “Instead, the city is now simply stating it’s opposed to the war and the billions spent on it. However, “we recognize the recruiter’s right to locate in our city and the … Continue reading
Apparently, today is a big showdown in the embattled city of Berkeley. Protesters and supporters of the military — specifically, the Marine Corps officer selection office situated in the middle of downtown — are massing as you read this, already … Continue reading
Yep, looks to be a communications breakdown, avoidable from the outset and which will certainly turn into a PR nightmare for the mayor’s office. Read me. Some of the comments from the Tin Foil Hat Crowd at the bottom of … Continue reading
This one’s a bit different. It’s out of Toledo: Mayor to Marines: Leave Downtown The mayor asked the members of the 1st Battalion, 24th Marines reserve unit to leave downtown Toledo rather than spend the weekend conducting their MOUT (Missions … Continue reading
Little late, and shouldn’t have had to happen at all, but here it is, anyway: Berkeley Mayor Apologizes to Marines Over Recruiting Center Flap. Based on the video footage from the Council meeting that caused this mess (there’s just no … Continue reading
Got this in e-Mail today. It’s video of the now infamous Berkeley City Council meeting which generated the resolutions against the Marine officer selection office, hosted on the council’s website. All those platitudes about differentiating respect for the troops from … Continue reading
Berkeley to rethink its declaration against the Marines. As I said before, I think the notion of severing federal funding was over the line, as said monies are used for many programs which have nothing to do with the military … Continue reading
Yesterday, I posted a brief entry about the Berkeley City Council’s decision to denounce the presence of a Marine Corps officer recruiting office in their city, where they even go so far as to “inform” the Marine recruiters that if … Continue reading
Berkeley City Council Passes Motions Criticizing Marines Office. The part that blew my mind was this bit: “The city manager was directed to send a letter to the U.S. Marine Corps saying they are “uninvited and unwelcome intruders” in the … Continue reading