Friday on Twitter, I made a joke. I know, I know…contain your surprise.
Anyway, every so often I throw out a fake “Breaking News”-type tweet, with something ridiculous and usually pertaining to some issue or news item of the day. Today’s item: “BREAKING: Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan bound for Redemption Island! #Survivor”
This sparked a conversation with a friend on Twitter, who asked me what my “Dream Team” roster for a special edition of the Survivor reality game show might be. I’d never really given any thought to something like that before, but the more I thought about it the more I decided it might be a fun little exercise. So, I quickly compiled a list of names. Several were added by the fact that I’m *tired* of hearing their names, or I chuckled at the thought of certain individuals facing the trials and challenges of the Survivor environment. Others are there because I’m a fan, and I figure they’d make awesome foils, or at least make me laugh as they comment on the proceedings. I present them here in alphabetical order, and I’m not going to offer a lot of info as to why they’re on the list (gotta leave something for the comments, right?):
My Survivor Dream Team roster…behind the cut!
I’m part of a group at work who will be following this season of Survivor. There’s five of us, and we’ve all drawn three names from a hat, and I’ve bet 200 quatloos on each of the newcomers. For those wondering, my three are Marcus, Danny (“GC”), and Crystal. Since Michi already watches the show, anyway, this is a chance for us to unwind together.
Anyway, we’re only halfway through our TiVo’d version of tonight’s premiere episode:
- Arrogant know-it-all who takes charge and gets on everybody’s nerves? Check.
- Vapid whiny chick who complains about everything? Check.
- Supposed studly athlete who chokes at the first display of athleticism? Check.
- Bitch who plans to kill ’em all and let God sort ’em out, and laugh all the way? Check.
- Younger people standing around complaining about a lack of fire, or food, and expecting the people who seem to know what they’re doing (the older people) to do all the work? Check.
- People standing around wearing eye-glasses, trying to figure out how they might start a fire? Check.*
Question for the contestants: Do you Pezheads ever watch past seasons of the show?
* = On the first episode of the first-ever Survivor, the older guy on one tribe used his glasses as a magnifying glass and started a fire. It’s a trick I don’t recall seeing since then.