New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- Comic-Con Professional Badge: The Unboxening!
- Yes, this thing still works.
- More Berkeley Dumbass-edness.
- Pangaea II: An anthology by a bunch of my friends that needs YOUR HELP!
- The Enterprise NCC 1701 and the Model Maker, by N. Datin McDonald
- After 35 years, RETURN TO TOMORROW is a real book!
- It's Jupiter 2 Launch Day!
- Some musings on Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
- The Armageddon Directive
Search the Fog
- After 38 years on air, @philwittkc's last minute on @fox4kc gets cut off in favor of frikkin' TMZ. Seriously? 4 days ago
- Mongolian stir fry with the family for Father's Day lunch. This is my kind of eatin'. 6 days ago
- Happy Father's Day. https://t.co/mjWH7qqwks 6 days ago
- "NOW!!! FIGHT LIKE APES!!!" twitter.com/marcelocordova… 6 days ago
- Catching up on this past season's last few episodes of SCANDAL. I absolutely love Joe Morton as Eli Pope. 1 week ago
Category Archives: spam
So, this gem appeared in the email inbox this morning, under the subject heading “Editorial” – Hi, I hope you’re having a nice day. We are interested in sending over a quality and relevant article to your site daytonward.com as … Continue reading
So, this showed up in the comment filter/moderation queue a day or so ago: “Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic however , I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a … Continue reading
So, every once in a while, I get a spam comment to one blog entry or another that features some variation of the following: Hello Web Admin, I noticed that your On-Page SEO is is missing a few factors, for one … Continue reading
I have no idea if anyone’s been dealing with something along these lines, but here’s the deal: For weeks, I’ve been experiencing a massive uptick in spam here at the blog. My “moderation” queue had exploded, going from a couple … Continue reading
There used to be a time when spam, if it didn’t just offer up a link to some bullshit product, at least attempted to look like a “real” blog comment or message board post. You might’ve had to read a … Continue reading
I’ll never understand how spam is targeted, beyond the simple “Blast everything” approach. In the real world, I know of no successful sales pitch that involves annoying the shit out of potential customers with non-sensical blatherings and then concludes with … Continue reading
Most of the time when one slips through the filter, I just delete it unread, but this one caught my attention, mostly for the unchecked stupidity it represents not only for whoever thought up the notion, but also for the … Continue reading