New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
Search the Fog
What People Are Reading
- You say you want to buy my books to give as presents? All righty, then!
- Happy 45th Anniversary, M*A*S*H.
- Yes, Die Hard is a Christmas movie.
- The best Marine Corps recruiting poster. Ever.
- Some holiday reading ideas.
- Star Trek Adventures Living Playtest launches! Guess who's mucking about behind the scenes?
- Saturday news roundup: 24! Vegas! Interview! Polls!
- "You can overuse the 'said' dialogue tag," the writer said.
- Beer me, petaQ!
- From the Archives: How *NOT* to write a Star Trek novel.
- To borrow a threat from whoever said it first, if you spoil the new #StarWars flick before I can see it tomorrow ni… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- “I’ve watched this clip about 167 times, and it keeps getting funnier every single time I see it.” — Beetlejuice twitter.com/westwingweekly… 1 day ago
- USPS parcel tracking history: 12/02/2017 - Order shipped. 12/04/2017 - No fucking idea where it is. 12/06/2017 -… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- What I did today: helped with a "pronunciation guide" for the fine folks at @SimonAudio, so they can get going on t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Wait for it......... https://t.co/sCRGoFM2E2 3 days ago
Category Archives: spam
So, this gem appeared in the email inbox this morning, under the subject heading “Editorial” – Hi, I hope you’re having a nice day. We are interested in sending over a quality and relevant article to your site daytonward.com as … Continue reading
So, this showed up in the comment filter/moderation queue a day or so ago: “Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic however , I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a … Continue reading
So, every once in a while, I get a spam comment to one blog entry or another that features some variation of the following: Hello Web Admin, I noticed that your On-Page SEO is is missing a few factors, for one … Continue reading
I have no idea if anyone’s been dealing with something along these lines, but here’s the deal: For weeks, I’ve been experiencing a massive uptick in spam here at the blog. My “moderation” queue had exploded, going from a couple … Continue reading
There used to be a time when spam, if it didn’t just offer up a link to some bullshit product, at least attempted to look like a “real” blog comment or message board post. You might’ve had to read a … Continue reading
I’ll never understand how spam is targeted, beyond the simple “Blast everything” approach. In the real world, I know of no successful sales pitch that involves annoying the shit out of potential customers with non-sensical blatherings and then concludes with … Continue reading
Most of the time when one slips through the filter, I just delete it unread, but this one caught my attention, mostly for the unchecked stupidity it represents not only for whoever thought up the notion, but also for the … Continue reading