New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- In today's email: "How do I support my favorite authors?"
- Novels & Novellas
- "Dayton Made Me Do This," the SDCC 2013 Edition.
- Cover blurb for Hearts and Minds, my next Star Trek: TNG novel!
- Headlong Flight
- It's time for an "Ask Dayton Anything" thing.
- Happy 40th Anniversary, Space: 1999!
- From the Archives: How *NOT* to write a Star Trek novel.
- Hey! About those German-language versions of the Typhon Pact books....
- Stuff I've Written
Search the Fog
- It's almost time for the Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure movie party at the @AlamoKC, hosted by @kevindilmore. Par… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 20 hours ago
- Hey, you guys! There's a 48-hour M*A*S*H marathon on the Sundance Channel. See you Tuesday. 22 hours ago
- FINALLY. A game that lets me utilize one of my natural talents. https://t.co/khd4su5tx7 1 day ago
- A nice way to start a Saturday. Thanks, @jmswallow! twitter.com/jmswallow/stat… 2 days ago
- In honor of the upcoming release of STAR TREK CATS: startrek.com/article/beam-u… https://t.co/gX4ASv5LRy 2 days ago
Category Archives: spam
So, this gem appeared in the email inbox this morning, under the subject heading “Editorial” – Hi, I hope you’re having a nice day. We are interested in sending over a quality and relevant article to your site daytonward.com as … Continue reading
So, this showed up in the comment filter/moderation queue a day or so ago: “Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic however , I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a … Continue reading
So, every once in a while, I get a spam comment to one blog entry or another that features some variation of the following: Hello Web Admin, I noticed that your On-Page SEO is is missing a few factors, for one … Continue reading
I have no idea if anyone’s been dealing with something along these lines, but here’s the deal: For weeks, I’ve been experiencing a massive uptick in spam here at the blog. My “moderation” queue had exploded, going from a couple … Continue reading
There used to be a time when spam, if it didn’t just offer up a link to some bullshit product, at least attempted to look like a “real” blog comment or message board post. You might’ve had to read a … Continue reading
I’ll never understand how spam is targeted, beyond the simple “Blast everything” approach. In the real world, I know of no successful sales pitch that involves annoying the shit out of potential customers with non-sensical blatherings and then concludes with … Continue reading
Most of the time when one slips through the filter, I just delete it unread, but this one caught my attention, mostly for the unchecked stupidity it represents not only for whoever thought up the notion, but also for the … Continue reading