New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- ReWard: Writing for "Exposure?" We're Still On That?
- Maximum Velocity
- Novels & Novellas
- Dayton Who?
- Your Moment of TrekZen*.
- Vegas, baby! Post-#STLV17 catching up.
- Headlong Flight
- Uncle Sam Wants You...even if you're already dead.
- Stuff I've Written
- "You can overuse the 'said' dialogue tag," the writer said.
Search the Fog
- "I wanna read some good old-fashioned slam-bang pulpy science fiction stories. Got anything like that?" BOOM. daytonward.wordpress.com/2017/08/01/max… 3 hours ago
- It's a madhouse, I tell you. #PlanetOfTheApes https://t.co/aGGWBrXJ70 1 day ago
- Today's writing assistant. I give you... Gorn Bread Muffin. #AmWriting #StarTrek https://t.co/6WqFarW5YC 1 day ago
- From History's Shadow, probably. twitter.com/Cefenix/status… 1 day ago
- These new glasses aren't doing much for my productivity. https://t.co/Z0QrxLeWqd 1 day ago
Category Archives: spam
So, this gem appeared in the email inbox this morning, under the subject heading “Editorial” – Hi, I hope you’re having a nice day. We are interested in sending over a quality and relevant article to your site daytonward.com as … Continue reading
So, this showed up in the comment filter/moderation queue a day or so ago: “Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic however , I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a … Continue reading
So, every once in a while, I get a spam comment to one blog entry or another that features some variation of the following: Hello Web Admin, I noticed that your On-Page SEO is is missing a few factors, for one … Continue reading
I have no idea if anyone’s been dealing with something along these lines, but here’s the deal: For weeks, I’ve been experiencing a massive uptick in spam here at the blog. My “moderation” queue had exploded, going from a couple … Continue reading
There used to be a time when spam, if it didn’t just offer up a link to some bullshit product, at least attempted to look like a “real” blog comment or message board post. You might’ve had to read a … Continue reading
I’ll never understand how spam is targeted, beyond the simple “Blast everything” approach. In the real world, I know of no successful sales pitch that involves annoying the shit out of potential customers with non-sensical blatherings and then concludes with … Continue reading
Most of the time when one slips through the filter, I just delete it unread, but this one caught my attention, mostly for the unchecked stupidity it represents not only for whoever thought up the notion, but also for the … Continue reading