New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- "Ten for Ward" #18 at StarTrek.com: 10 Star Trek Books I Wish I'd Written.
- 30 years of Star Trek: The Next Generation novels. Wait....really?
- It's a new interview! Because, that's why.
- Free Reads
- Novels & Novellas
- In today's email: "How do I support my favorite authors?"
- Guest Blogging
- "You can overuse the 'said' dialogue tag," the writer said.
- "Ten for Ward" #17 at StarTrek.com: The Secret Stories Behind 10 Star Trek Puzzles
- Cover blurb for Hearts and Minds, my next Star Trek: TNG novel!
Search the Fog
- The @WomenAtWarp podcast has a new interview w/Greg Cox, @davidalanmack & me about the #StarTrek: Legacies trilogy! womenatwarp.com/book-club-supp… 6 hours ago
- In honor of her 9th birthday today, I let Erin take the wheel for a while. (Eyes on the road, girl.) https://t.co/z5FqEjTIH6 1 day ago
- It's RUSH TIME. https://t.co/jIYIydLbZB 1 day ago
- It's almost time for the Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure movie party at the @AlamoKC, hosted by @kevindilmore. Par… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- Hey, you guys! There's a 48-hour M*A*S*H marathon on the Sundance Channel. See you Tuesday. 4 days ago
Category Archives: snw
No, it’s not one of my books, but I’m excited about it just the same. Available starting today is the 2016 edition of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, the anthology of short fiction written by new, “non-professional” writers. This, of course is … Continue reading
I don’t actually know if they’re going to be picking up with the previous numbering and calling it Star Trek: Strange New Worlds XI, or considering this a reboot with “SNW Prime” making a cameo or what. Those are administrative … Continue reading
People just never learn, do they? They see that I have a blog, and that I tend to yammer at length about all sorts of things that normal, well-adjusted people could give a damn about. They’re busy with…you know…lives and stuff. So, … Continue reading
Are you a previously unpublished writer (or a “nonprofessional,” in that you’ve not been paid for your writing at pro rates)? Do you have a hankering to write a Star Trek story and maybe see it published? Well, Pocket Books … Continue reading
Well, that flew by, didn’t it? June, 1998: My first ever professional writing work, a little short story called “Reflections,” is published in the first ever Star Trek: Strange New Worlds anthology. For those wondering who they should blame for … Continue reading
Those of you who keep up with the various flavors of Star Trek novels, short story collections, and so on likely have heard of the Strange New Worlds writing contests and resulting anthologies, right? For those who are asking, “WTF?” … Continue reading
Jens Deffner (defcons_treklit) of Unreality SF has posted an essay and series of interviews examining the Star Trek: Strange New Worlds writing contest, sponsored by Pocket Books between 1997 and 2007. The annual contest spawned ten anthologies of short stories … Continue reading
Congratulations to the winners of this year’s Strange New Worlds writing contest! The official announcement from Pocket Books can be found here. Among the winners, it looks like the following folks are the latest additions to the Wardy List, in … Continue reading
Back by popular demand — again! Our third anthology featuring original Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and Star Trek: Voyager stories written by Star Trek fans, for Star Trek fans! Each Strange New … Continue reading