New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
Search the Fog
What People Are Reading
- You say you want to buy my books to give as presents? All righty, then!
- Happy 45th Anniversary, M*A*S*H.
- Yes, Die Hard is a Christmas movie.
- The best Marine Corps recruiting poster. Ever.
- Some holiday reading ideas.
- Star Trek Adventures Living Playtest launches! Guess who's mucking about behind the scenes?
- Saturday news roundup: 24! Vegas! Interview! Polls!
- "You can overuse the 'said' dialogue tag," the writer said.
- Beer me, petaQ!
- From the Archives: How *NOT* to write a Star Trek novel.
- To borrow a threat from whoever said it first, if you spoil the new #StarWars flick before I can see it tomorrow ni… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- “I’ve watched this clip about 167 times, and it keeps getting funnier every single time I see it.” — Beetlejuice twitter.com/westwingweekly… 1 day ago
- USPS parcel tracking history: 12/02/2017 - Order shipped. 12/04/2017 - No fucking idea where it is. 12/06/2017 -… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- What I did today: helped with a "pronunciation guide" for the fine folks at @SimonAudio, so they can get going on t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Wait for it......... https://t.co/sCRGoFM2E2 3 days ago
Category Archives: snw
It hit me today while reading a Facebook thread featuring comments from one of the responsible parties: I’ve been doing this writing thing….well, the “paid for my writing” thing…for twenty years, now. Twenty. Years. Holy. Shit. Okay, okay. In truth, … Continue reading
No, it’s not one of my books, but I’m excited about it just the same. Available starting today is the 2016 edition of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, the anthology of short fiction written by new, “non-professional” writers. This, of course is … Continue reading
I don’t actually know if they’re going to be picking up with the previous numbering and calling it Star Trek: Strange New Worlds XI, or considering this a reboot with “SNW Prime” making a cameo or what. Those are administrative … Continue reading
People just never learn, do they? They see that I have a blog, and that I tend to yammer at length about all sorts of things that normal, well-adjusted people could give a damn about. They’re busy with…you know…lives and stuff. So, … Continue reading
Are you a previously unpublished writer (or a “nonprofessional,” in that you’ve not been paid for your writing at pro rates)? Do you have a hankering to write a Star Trek story and maybe see it published? Well, Pocket Books … Continue reading
Well, that flew by, didn’t it? June, 1998: My first ever professional writing work, a little short story called “Reflections,” is published in the first ever Star Trek: Strange New Worlds anthology. For those wondering who they should blame for … Continue reading
Those of you who keep up with the various flavors of Star Trek novels, short story collections, and so on likely have heard of the Strange New Worlds writing contests and resulting anthologies, right? For those who are asking, “WTF?” … Continue reading
Jens Deffner (defcons_treklit) of Unreality SF has posted an essay and series of interviews examining the Star Trek: Strange New Worlds writing contest, sponsored by Pocket Books between 1997 and 2007. The annual contest spawned ten anthologies of short stories … Continue reading
Congratulations to the winners of this year’s Strange New Worlds writing contest! The official announcement from Pocket Books can be found here. Among the winners, it looks like the following folks are the latest additions to the Wardy List, in … Continue reading