New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- Vacation's over.
- It's William Shatner's birthday, everybody!
- RIP, Major Richard D. "Dick" Winters.
- Happy 25th Anniversary, Heartbreak Ridge.
- Pondering AbeBooks' "Most Searched for Out-of-Print Books of 2016" list.
- Cover for Hearts and Minds!
- Star Trek Re-Watch: "All Our Yesterdays"
- Happy 25th Birthday, The Untouchables!
Search the Fog
- Happy Birthday to Dorothy Fontana, who helped shape the original Star Trek and whose influence is still felt today. startrek.com/database_artic… 22 hours ago
- When my god complex kicks in and gets the best of me. #StarTrek https://t.co/Qza9WDYJIK 1 day ago
- I have come to kick ass and eat cheesecake, and I'm..... What's that? Cheesecake with the room service order? Well, okay then. 2 days ago
- I apparently took up a side job modeling T-shirts while on vacation. Here's the classic "Look over there at that… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- Holy shit. Seems I hit the 3,000 follower milestone here on the Twitterz. Is there pie with this? Strippers? Fire trucks? What? 2 days ago
Category Archives: rants
No, really. Hear me out. So, I’m listening to this audiobook as I drive around town running errands yesterday during lunch. It’s an unabridged adaptation of a book I’ve not previously read, and I’d been looking forward to enjoying the … Continue reading
…if you’re a fucking idiot, that is. So, as I’m occasionally wont to do, I decided to check out the Craigslist ads to see if anything interesting was to be found in the “Writing Gigs” section. Why? Because it was … Continue reading
So, you know…Sunday. Again. Didn’t we just do this like a week ago, or something? Sunday, of course, brings with it yet another lemony-fresh episode of the Sunday G and T Show, with Nick Minecci, Terry Lynn Shull and Mike Medeiros talking about various topics pertaining in … Continue reading
So, every once in a while, I get a spam comment to one blog entry or another that features some variation of the following: Hello Web Admin, I noticed that your On-Page SEO is is missing a few factors, for one … Continue reading
What the hell is with people posting ads for “writing jobs” on Craigslist, and not bothering to provide the slightest clue as to what they might actually want from an applicant? I mean, people specify left, right, or ambidextrous when … Continue reading
There used to be a time when spam, if it didn’t just offer up a link to some bullshit product, at least attempted to look like a “real” blog comment or message board post. You might’ve had to read a … Continue reading
A bit of setup: I recently learned that a movie I’ve not yet seen is actually based on a kid’s book. Intrigued at the idea of perhaps getting a new book to one day read to the girls, off to … Continue reading
As a parent, reading about something like this offends me: NPR: Consumer Group Sues McDonald’s Over Happy Meal Toys It sickens me how some people can so easily abdicate their responsibilities as parents, guardians, and teachers of the human beings … Continue reading
One of the downsides of being a full-time work-at-home employee for my dayjob is that by the time the weekend rolls around, I’m ready to blow this popsicle stand. My home office that used to be my writing refuge is … Continue reading