New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- Boogers are logical...and profitable.
- Elusive Salvation
- Find/Contact Me
- Novels & Novellas
- Free Reads
- From History's Shadow
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds 2016 Winners!
- Announcing Titan Books' Planet of the Apes anthology lineup! Look! I'm in there!
- Shuttlecraft Galileo....SOLD!
- RIP, Major Richard D. "Dick" Winters.
Search the Fog
- Usher posts a nude shower selfie, and the internet goes nuts. I do it, and I get told I forgot to wash behind my ears. Whatever. 2 hours ago
- The new Trek series will be set in the 27th Century on the Enterprise-X, with a hybrid Mugato/Unicorn captain. I have TRUSTED SOURCES(tm). 14 hours ago
- Got a business and make service calls to people's houses? Don't do shit like this. https://t.co/i8UNILoBts 1 day ago
- Today's "Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work" Day. Tomorrow's "Take Bagels and Donuts to Work For the People You Pissed Off Yesterday" Day. 1 day ago
- I'm "building my author platform," one dollar and one booger at a time. twitter.com/DaveGalanter/s… 1 day ago
Category Archives: news
This is going to get a lot of attention in the news today, and with good reason. On January 20th, 1961, President John F. Kennedy gave his inaugural address. It’s one of the most famous, moving speeches in our nation’s … Continue reading
Just links to a couple of things I found interesting today: First up? Jon Stewart takes Sarah Palin to the woodshed for…well…being Sarah Palin. (Hmm….”Being Sarah Palin.” There’s a story idea in there. Somewhere.) Anyway, while watching this clip, be … Continue reading
Courtesy of fellow word-slinger Elizabeth Donald (aka reannon) comes a link to this very interesting little read, which attempts to shed some light on a discussion (or variations thereof) that’s been quite popular of late, that being what the hell … Continue reading
As a parent, reading about something like this offends me: NPR: Consumer Group Sues McDonald’s Over Happy Meal Toys It sickens me how some people can so easily abdicate their responsibilities as parents, guardians, and teachers of the human beings … Continue reading
I do so love when Jon Stewart goes after anybody who’s deserving of derision and scorn, but this is something special. Basically, Jon’s telling all the GOPers and their lackeys that the days of them milking 9/11 for political points … Continue reading
Courtesy of , check out a couple of rather disturbing clips from MSNBC pundits Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow, offering some perspectives on tomorrow’s mid-term elections. First, Mr. Olbermann gives viewers almost 20 minutes’ worth of rundown regarding the agendas … Continue reading
As many folks here know, yesterday marked the first-ever “Rally to Restore Sanity And/Or Fear,” held at the National Mall in Washington, D.C., and hosted by comedians/satirists Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. By all accounts that aren’t coming from Fox … Continue reading
See if you can find the irony in the following statement: —– “It’s a really sad day for Californians, for families, for our future and for voters that a federal judge has trampled on the civil rights of voters,” said … Continue reading
By now, pretty much everyone’s read or heard about the giant statue of Jesus Christ at a church along I-75 in Monroe, Ohio, which was struck by lightning on Monday evening, and promptly burned to the ground: BoingBoing: Lightning strikes … Continue reading
From the “Oh, the Irony!” file comes this little gem. I’m sure some folks on my f-list have already seen this, or something like it, but I just received it in today’s e-Mail. I offer it here without comment.