New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
Search the Fog
What People Are Reading
- "Do you accept guest posts?"
- Yes, Die Hard is a Christmas movie.
- The spam I get.
- You say you want to buy my books to give as presents? All righty, then!
- Novels & Novellas
- Counterstrike: The Last World War, Book II
- Free Reads
- Find/Contact Me
- East bound and down...40 years of truckin' with Smokey and the Bandit!
- Armageddon's Arrow
- TL;DR = "Rando person? Ah, no." daytonward.wordpress.com/2017/12/16/do-… 16 hours ago
- Okay, everybody SHHHHH! We’re getting set to watch #StarWars: The Last Jedi! https://t.co/gAmsYEm5ot 1 day ago
- #StarWars@spoiler: Snoke was the One-Armed Man. 1 day ago
- #StarWars spoiler: Snoke was Future Guy. 1 day ago
- #StarWars spoiler: Snoke is the unknown stuntman who made Eastwood look so fine. 1 day ago
Category Archives: my stories
“IF IT BLEEDS, WE CAN KILL IT.” Major Alan “Dutch” Schaefer (from Predator, 1987) Over the centuries, extraterrestrial hunters of the Yautja race—also known as the Predators—have encountered (and stalked) humans on Earth and in the depths of space. Offered … Continue reading
Sixteen brand-new adventures set in the world of the original Planet of the Apes! The 1968 Planet of the Apes film has inspired generations of authors. Now a who’s who of modern writers produces sixteen all-new tales, exclusive to this volume, set … Continue reading
18 EXHILARATING JOURNEYS INTO RUSH-INSPIRED WORLDS The music of Rush, one of the most successful bands in history, is filled with fantastic stories, evocative images, and thought-provoking futures and pasts. In this anthology, notable, bestselling, and award-winning writers each chose … Continue reading
After a rather accelerated gestation cycle following its successful Kickstarter fundraising campaign, Pangaea is now available! Edited by veteran author and friend Michael Jan Friedman, Pangaea posits an alternate reality where Earth’s landmasses did not drift apart following their most … Continue reading
I wrote this story back in 2004, and it was published in a regional magazine, Kansas City Voices. One of the submission requirements at the time was that your story had to take place somewhere in the KC area, and I … Continue reading
Check it out, yo! It’s Halloween! Again! In years past, I’ve posted a new story that I hope is at least somewhat suitable for the evening. Due to other stuff going on, I wasn’t able to write something for last year, but … Continue reading
June 9, 1989 There sure are a lot of empty seats. That was the first thought to enter Peter’s mind as he followed his friend Alan into the auditorium and down the aisle. Finding a decent spot in which to … Continue reading
Hey, it’s Halloween! The previous three years, I’ve offered what I hope is something of a suitably-themed story for the evening. As it’s now something of a tradition, here we go again this year! The first two years, I presented … Continue reading