New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- ReWard: Writing for "Exposure?" We're Still On That?
- Novels & Novellas
- Maximum Velocity
- Dayton Who?
- Your Moment of TrekZen*.
- Vegas, baby! Post-#STLV17 catching up.
- Headlong Flight
- Uncle Sam Wants You...even if you're already dead.
- Stuff I've Written
- "You can overuse the 'said' dialogue tag," the writer said.
Search the Fog
- "I wanna read some good old-fashioned slam-bang pulpy science fiction stories. Got anything like that?" BOOM. daytonward.wordpress.com/2017/08/01/max… 3 hours ago
- It's a madhouse, I tell you. #PlanetOfTheApes https://t.co/aGGWBrXJ70 1 day ago
- Today's writing assistant. I give you... Gorn Bread Muffin. #AmWriting #StarTrek https://t.co/6WqFarW5YC 1 day ago
- From History's Shadow, probably. twitter.com/Cefenix/status… 1 day ago
- These new glasses aren't doing much for my productivity. https://t.co/Z0QrxLeWqd 1 day ago
Category Archives: lists
In one of the…let’s see, three, four, carry the one…six bazillion Facebook threads or updates I post, or the ones I visit, the topic of my personal writing “rules” came up. I was reminded of an “Ask Dayton” question I … Continue reading
Because it’s the sort of weird thing I do, from time to time. I’m a frequent shopper/user of the AbeBooks.com portal, forever using it to hunt for books I’m wanting to my library. It’s a great resource for finding affordable copies of older … Continue reading
And so the good, innocent folk over at StarTrek.com asked me yet again to provide a new column, having obviously failed to heed the lessons of articles past. Because of that error in judgment, I was once again afforded the opportunity … Continue reading
What to get the writer in your life? Or, maybe you’re the writer in the lives of those around you, and you’re hoping they might see fit to give you something useful or desired as you chase your muse. Since … Continue reading
What? It’s the 17th again? Didn’t we just do one of these, like, a month or so ago? Of course, being the 17th means it must once again be my turn at bat over at the Novel Spaces blog! This time … Continue reading
Well, whaddaya know? It’s the 17th again, and that brings with it my next time in the spotlight over at the Novel Spaces blog! This month, and with most us neck-deep in the insanity of the holiday season, I decided it … Continue reading
So, I’m behind on this, but apparently io9.com has put up a list of “Essential” Star Trek novels that are good recommendations for people who either are new to Trek, or else aren’t “die-hard” fans who don’t get into the … Continue reading
So, at a point earlier in the day when I should’ve been writing, I instead decided to check out my Twitter feed for a few minutes. Just a quick look and then back to work, right? Uh huh. Instead, my … Continue reading
Friday on Twitter, I made a joke. I know, I know…contain your surprise. Anyway, every so often I throw out a fake “Breaking News”-type tweet, with something ridiculous and usually pertaining to some issue or news item of the day. … Continue reading