New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- Star Trek Vanguard: Five years on.
- The best Marine Corps recruiting poster. Ever.
- From the Archives: How *NOT* to write a Star Trek novel.
- "How do you do it?"
- Announcing STAR TREK: SEEKERS!
- Free Reads
- "Assignment: Earth," the so-so Star Trek episode that keeps on giving.
- Ask Navaar...the Rush fan?
- Take a peek inside my Vulcan Travel Guide!
Search the Fog
- We just got Rick-rolled by Stephen Colbert? 10 hours ago
- I'm passionate about being paid for my work. twitter.com/jrvogt/status/… 14 hours ago
- I literally like to put two spaces after a period, because I know it pisses off some people. Literally. I also like to misuse "literally." 1 day ago
- Happy Book Birthday @davidalanmack! His new #StarTrek novel SECTION 31: CONTROL is officially on sale today! simonandschuster.com/books/Section-… 2 days ago
- Happy Birthday to Dorothy Fontana, who helped shape the original Star Trek and whose influence is still felt today. startrek.com/database_artic… 5 days ago
Category Archives: life
What a year. It’s definitely been something of a ride. Dominated by the protracted and ever-stupefying election cycle and its culmination with Biff Tannen’s ascendance to the presidency, 2016 on so many fronts just feels like a year that took five years to endure. A … Continue reading
Previously on The Fog of Ward: Last week, Clan Ward headed south to our ancestral home for a week of fun in the Florida sun. There were excursions to Disney, the Kennedy Space Center, and Universal Studios, as well as visits … Continue reading
A few years ago, I wrote this for my mother’s birthday. When I went to do something similar the following year, I realized that I’d used up all of the funniest bits and cute little anecdotes the first time around. So, I decided … Continue reading
Well, it was definitely an interesting twelve months. A lot went down in 2014, professionally and personally, and overall I’m pleased with where I am as we ring in a new year. Things didn’t start off on the highest of notes, as we … Continue reading
Yeah, I know. I’ve let things slide a bit this week, with that all that holiday stuff and whatnot going on. So, for those of you also are enjoying or enduring a holiday break, how’s things? Kids out of school? … Continue reading
Hey! It’s the 16th again! Didn’t we just do this, like, a month ago, or something? Anyway, you know that it means, right? It’s my turn in the queue over at the Novel Spaces blog! This time around, I talk a bit about my recent … Continue reading
I’ve been pretty busy the last several days, getting the novel in-progress whipped into something resembling a manuscript that won’t make my editor want to run in front of a bus. In and around all of that, there have been … Continue reading
In honor of my daughters successfully completing their school year (1st grade for oldest, Kindergarten for youngest), it’s time to rattle the roofs a bit….. (This blog entry brought to you by the Committee to Elect Dayton Responsible Daddy … Continue reading
And so it was that on the 27th day of May that our intrepid writer/blogger/dad ventured into the environs of his children’s school, after having been invited by his oldest daughter’s teacher to come and talk to their class about … Continue reading