New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- Happy 40th Birthday, Star Wars!
- Is this thing on? An overdue update!
- Visit to a weird planet.....
- Wet Work
- She'll make .5 past the toybox....
- Your moment of TrekZen*.
- Alien Next Door and Warped: Funny books coming our way.
- Cover blurb for Hearts and Minds, my next Star Trek: TNG novel!
- Novels & Novellas
- Wet Work: It's a real book!
Search the Fog
- "We have to clean out the fridge before we go on vacation." "Okay, I'll take care of that vodka. And the rum." 11 hours ago
- When #StarWars premiered on this day in 1977, who knew it might be as awesome as it ended up being? Some of us had… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 15 hours ago
- I already made this joke. I need to write for these guys! :D duffelblog.com/2017/05/tom-cr… 22 hours ago
- The figures @Modiphius is making for their new Star Trek Adventures RPG are amazing. beastsofwar.com/star-trek-adve… 22 hours ago
- I think they missed out, not going with this version. #DirtyDancing https://t.co/QBht1TcAHr 1 day ago
Category Archives: flashfic
So, this picture showed up in my Facebook feed, today:
Earlier this week, I was approached by a Facebook friend about helping out her team for this year’s GISHWHES event. For those not dialed in to these sorts of things, “GISHWHES” stands for “Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has … Continue reading
A week or so ago, I announced that I’d be doing another “Halloween Twitter Story” again this year, following the postive feedback I got from last year’s story in this vein, “Last Stand.” Now that we’re getting closer to Halloween, … Continue reading
Some of you might remember that last year, I “live tweeted” (what other kind of tweeting is there?) a piece of flash fiction to Twitter on Halloween night, switching between firing off a few tweets and handing out candy to … Continue reading
Back on Halloween, I presented my flash-fiction story “Last Stand” as a series of tweets on Twitter. Each tweet was appended with the hashtag #laststand so folks could keep track of the feed I was conjuring. Since then, I’ve had … Continue reading
So, I decided to try an experiment this Halloween. Tomorrow night, starting sometime after 6pm Central time (about the time I assume my post as CandyGuy at our front door), I’m going to start “live tweeting” over on Twitter. One … Continue reading
Thanks to reading tapestry01‘s LJ, I’m reminded that today marks the 3rd annual International Pixel-Stained Technopeasant Day. According to author Jo Walton, who founded this festive occasion in 2007, the purpose of IPSTD is “to encourage writers to post “professional … Continue reading
Just this evening, I sent friend and writer Chris Pimental the seventh installment of "Stayin’ In Vegas," the serial I’m writing 700 words at a crack, flashfic style, for his Bad Things "pulpazine." The site is chock-full of hard-boiled/noir/hard crime … Continue reading
Friend and writer Chris Pimental has launched Bad Things, an online “pulpazine” dedicated to stories of the hard-boiled/noir/hard crime persuasion, which went live just today. He’s collected a nice assortment of short stories and flash fiction from both veteran and … Continue reading