New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- Star Trek Vanguard: Five years on.
- The best Marine Corps recruiting poster. Ever.
- From the Archives: How *NOT* to write a Star Trek novel.
- "How do you do it?"
- Announcing STAR TREK: SEEKERS!
- Free Reads
- "Assignment: Earth," the so-so Star Trek episode that keeps on giving.
- Ask Navaar...the Rush fan?
- Take a peek inside my Vulcan Travel Guide!
Search the Fog
- We just got Rick-rolled by Stephen Colbert? 10 hours ago
- I'm passionate about being paid for my work. twitter.com/jrvogt/status/… 14 hours ago
- I literally like to put two spaces after a period, because I know it pisses off some people. Literally. I also like to misuse "literally." 1 day ago
- Happy Book Birthday @davidalanmack! His new #StarTrek novel SECTION 31: CONTROL is officially on sale today! simonandschuster.com/books/Section-… 2 days ago
- Happy Birthday to Dorothy Fontana, who helped shape the original Star Trek and whose influence is still felt today. startrek.com/database_artic… 5 days ago
Category Archives: flashfic
So, this picture showed up in my Facebook feed, today:
Earlier this week, I was approached by a Facebook friend about helping out her team for this year’s GISHWHES event. For those not dialed in to these sorts of things, “GISHWHES” stands for “Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has … Continue reading
A week or so ago, I announced that I’d be doing another “Halloween Twitter Story” again this year, following the postive feedback I got from last year’s story in this vein, “Last Stand.” Now that we’re getting closer to Halloween, … Continue reading
Some of you might remember that last year, I “live tweeted” (what other kind of tweeting is there?) a piece of flash fiction to Twitter on Halloween night, switching between firing off a few tweets and handing out candy to … Continue reading
Back on Halloween, I presented my flash-fiction story “Last Stand” as a series of tweets on Twitter. Each tweet was appended with the hashtag #laststand so folks could keep track of the feed I was conjuring. Since then, I’ve had … Continue reading
So, I decided to try an experiment this Halloween. Tomorrow night, starting sometime after 6pm Central time (about the time I assume my post as CandyGuy at our front door), I’m going to start “live tweeting” over on Twitter. One … Continue reading
Thanks to reading tapestry01‘s LJ, I’m reminded that today marks the 3rd annual International Pixel-Stained Technopeasant Day. According to author Jo Walton, who founded this festive occasion in 2007, the purpose of IPSTD is “to encourage writers to post “professional … Continue reading
Just this evening, I sent friend and writer Chris Pimental the seventh installment of "Stayin’ In Vegas," the serial I’m writing 700 words at a crack, flashfic style, for his Bad Things "pulpazine." The site is chock-full of hard-boiled/noir/hard crime … Continue reading
Friend and writer Chris Pimental has launched Bad Things, an online “pulpazine” dedicated to stories of the hard-boiled/noir/hard crime persuasion, which went live just today. He’s collected a nice assortment of short stories and flash fiction from both veteran and … Continue reading