New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- My irregularly recurring tie-in writing wish list.
- Remembrances of Thanksgivings past.
- "Assignment: Earth," the so-so Star Trek episode that keeps on giving.
- Free Reads
- The best Marine Corps recruiting poster. Ever.
- Announcing Titan Books' Planet of the Apes anthology lineup! Look! I'm in there!
- "You can overuse the 'said' dialogue tag," the writer said.
- Find/Contact Me
- Novels & Novellas
Search the Fog
- In honor of National Pie Day. https://t.co/uLhc7KQJTq 1 hour ago
- #TrueStory twitter.com/KwamWrites/sta… 1 hour ago
- C'mon, Academy! Let's have some love for #Deadpool! https://t.co/WsxcqmFE67 3 hours ago
- Go see HIDDEN FIGURES. Take your daughters to see it. Take your sons, too. The film has a message for everyone. 20 hours ago
- Carla Gugino and I are flying to Aruba for Spring Break. #AlternativeFacts 1 day ago
Category Archives: family
What a year. It’s definitely been something of a ride. Dominated by the protracted and ever-stupefying election cycle and its culmination with Biff Tannen’s ascendance to the presidency, 2016 on so many fronts just feels like a year that took five years to endure. A … Continue reading
Previously, on The Fog of Ward: Is this thing on? :: blows dust :: So, it’s been a week or so since the last update, owing to last weekend’s Shore Leave convention and ensuing vacation with the family. It was … Continue reading
Now that the day is winding down and I’m trying to have a go at getting back to work in the hopes of logging some forward progress on the writing front, I wanted to take a couple of minutes and offer … Continue reading
Thanks to today’s mail delivery, it’s official: On July 9th, Michi and I will be taking the girls to their first real rock concert: Michi and I have been going to Rush concerts since 1990’s Presto tour. We haven’t missed a … Continue reading
A few years ago, I wrote this for my mother’s birthday. When I went to do something similar the following year, I realized that I’d used up all of the funniest bits and cute little anecdotes the first time around. So, I decided … Continue reading
Today’s the day!
Earlier today, we signed the papers and took possession of the new house! “Meanwhile, at stately Ward Manor….” I’ll certainly miss Ward Manor 1.0. It’s in a quiet subdivision that’s off the beaten path. There’s undeveloped forest land behind our … Continue reading
Those of you who remember my occasional comments about my daughters know that they both practice Taekwondo, and have been doing so for a handful of years. Addy started just before she turned 3, and Erin was about the same … Continue reading
This should come as a shock to no one, but my kids like books. Yes, my wife and I pushed the book thing pretty hard from very early on. Even before our first daughter was born, I was prepping for … Continue reading
Especially when it’s all you can eat from the Chinese buffet’s dessert section. Discuss.