New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- ReWard: Writing for "Exposure?" We're Still On That?
- Novels & Novellas
- Maximum Velocity
- Dayton Who?
- Your Moment of TrekZen*.
- Vegas, baby! Post-#STLV17 catching up.
- Headlong Flight
- Uncle Sam Wants You...even if you're already dead.
- Stuff I've Written
- "You can overuse the 'said' dialogue tag," the writer said.
Search the Fog
- "I wanna read some good old-fashioned slam-bang pulpy science fiction stories. Got anything like that?" BOOM. daytonward.wordpress.com/2017/08/01/max… 3 hours ago
- It's a madhouse, I tell you. #PlanetOfTheApes https://t.co/aGGWBrXJ70 1 day ago
- Today's writing assistant. I give you... Gorn Bread Muffin. #AmWriting #StarTrek https://t.co/6WqFarW5YC 1 day ago
- From History's Shadow, probably. twitter.com/Cefenix/status… 1 day ago
- These new glasses aren't doing much for my productivity. https://t.co/Z0QrxLeWqd 1 day ago
Category Archives: dvd
WARNING: This is an example of a rambling blog post that someone writes when they’re killing time waiting for something else to happen. If you’re fast enough, you still can escape with your lives. Still here? All righty, then. Beware: … Continue reading
Friends John Champion and Mary Czerwinski over at DVD Geeks have done us a solid. For those not in the know, DVD Geeks is a kick-ass little weekly show that reviews the latest releases on DVD (and now Blu-ray, of … Continue reading
So, looking for something to watch? Netflix queue throttled back? Streaming not working? Well, hey! Have we got a deal for you: As the title implies, we’ve held a comedy roast each of the past three years at the annual … Continue reading
“Steve Austin, astronaut; a man barely alive….” Unless you’ve been freeze-dried or living on an asteroid for the past 30-odd years, you know that those are the first words to one of the most iconic opening credits sequences in the … Continue reading
For me, one of the cooler things about the DVD era is/has been the ability to obtain home video editions of television shows in an affordable format. More so than movies, I’ve enjoyed collecting and revisiting favorite series over the … Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago, I had a chance to hang out with friend John Champion, he of DVD Geeks, a weekly TV, radio, and podcast show devoted to the latest releases on DVD and Blu-ray. Their focus tends to … Continue reading
Recently, I’ve been enjoying a bit of an on-again/off-again “Aaron Sorkin marathon,” letting DVDs play as background noise while I work. I only own the first four seasons of The West Wing, and I started playing them on a whim … Continue reading
I recall watching The Marine on DVD a couple of years ago, thanks to my wife borrowing it from one of her friends at work. Setting aside the obvious jokes about the film being a showcase for a WWE wrestler, … Continue reading
This isn’t a movie review. It’s just me rambling as I continue to consider the film I watched last night. Taking Chance was but one on a stack of DVD’s I’ve purchased over the past couple of months, but until … Continue reading