New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- Star Trek Vanguard: Five years on.
- The best Marine Corps recruiting poster. Ever.
- From the Archives: How *NOT* to write a Star Trek novel.
- "How do you do it?"
- Announcing STAR TREK: SEEKERS!
- Free Reads
- "Assignment: Earth," the so-so Star Trek episode that keeps on giving.
- Ask Navaar...the Rush fan?
- Take a peek inside my Vulcan Travel Guide!
Search the Fog
- We just got Rick-rolled by Stephen Colbert? 10 hours ago
- I'm passionate about being paid for my work. twitter.com/jrvogt/status/… 14 hours ago
- I literally like to put two spaces after a period, because I know it pisses off some people. Literally. I also like to misuse "literally." 1 day ago
- Happy Book Birthday @davidalanmack! His new #StarTrek novel SECTION 31: CONTROL is officially on sale today! simonandschuster.com/books/Section-… 2 days ago
- Happy Birthday to Dorothy Fontana, who helped shape the original Star Trek and whose influence is still felt today. startrek.com/database_artic… 5 days ago
Category Archives: concerts
This past Thursday evening, the family and I ventured to the Sprint Center here in Kansas City to take in yet another concert featuring my favorite band. What made this outing special was that it was the first ever *real* rock … Continue reading
If anybody’s looking for us this evening, we’re at the Sprint Center in downtown Kansas City. You know why. See you when it’s over. Maybe.
Yep. The Holy Trio came to Cowtown, as they almost always do at some point during their various concert tours. Of course we went. Michi and I have been going to Rush concerts together since before we were married, and … Continue reading
Thanks to some pinch-hitting mercy bestowed upon us by friends after our primary and secondary kid-sitting options fell through, Michi and I were able to meet up with Kevin at the beautiful Midland Theater in Kansas City, and attend our … Continue reading
A night out with the wife and friends, Kevin Smith, and the Westboro Baptist Church? Wow. Okay, so here’s the lowdown: Writer/director/podcaster/Silent Bob alter ego Kevin Smith returned to Kansas City this past Saturday night, bringing with him his new … Continue reading
Holy. Shit. For those who aren’t up to speed, writer/director/podcaster/storyteller/Silent Bob’s alter ego, Kevin Smith, recently launched a cross-country tour to promote his latest movie, the low-budget indie feature Red State. Many people look at the flick as some kind … Continue reading
Leaving our offspring in the care of our trusted friends Gail and Gregg (or, as the kids call them, “Aunt Gail and Uncle Gregg”), Michi and I made our way with great enthusiasm to the Starlight Theater in Kansas City … Continue reading
Rush is in Kansas City on Thursday, July 1st, at the Starlight Theater. Yes, Michi and I will be there. After all, they’ve taken care of everything; the words we read, the songs we sing, the pictures that give pleasure … Continue reading
Last night, Silent Bob spoke. Like a muthafukka, he did. With our good friends the LaRocks offering to babysit our offspring (it sounds like a prison sentence, but G&G seem to love doing it…for reasons surpassing understanding), Michi, Kevin, and … Continue reading