New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- ReWard: Writing for "Exposure?" We're Still On That?
- Novels & Novellas
- Maximum Velocity
- Dayton Who?
- Your Moment of TrekZen*.
- Vegas, baby! Post-#STLV17 catching up.
- Headlong Flight
- Uncle Sam Wants You...even if you're already dead.
- Stuff I've Written
- "You can overuse the 'said' dialogue tag," the writer said.
Search the Fog
- "I wanna read some good old-fashioned slam-bang pulpy science fiction stories. Got anything like that?" BOOM. daytonward.wordpress.com/2017/08/01/max… 3 hours ago
- It's a madhouse, I tell you. #PlanetOfTheApes https://t.co/aGGWBrXJ70 1 day ago
- Today's writing assistant. I give you... Gorn Bread Muffin. #AmWriting #StarTrek https://t.co/6WqFarW5YC 1 day ago
- From History's Shadow, probably. twitter.com/Cefenix/status… 1 day ago
- These new glasses aren't doing much for my productivity. https://t.co/Z0QrxLeWqd 1 day ago
Category Archives: comics
Earlier this year, I blogged/babbled about 2017 marking the 50th anniversary of “Trek Lit,” or the various flavors of Star Trek novels and novelizations which have found their way to bookstore shelves over the years. Yep, there hasn’t been a single … Continue reading
Good news, everyone! For those of you who haven’t yet partaken of IDW Publishing‘s bi-monthly Star Trek: Waypoint mini-series (and really…what’s up with that?), you’ll be pleased to know that the entire 8-issue run will be collected into a trade … Continue reading
WARNING: Nerdy rambling lay ahead. The other day on Facebook, noted science fiction author and all-around good guy Robert J. Sawyer mentioned that he’d stumbled across a fan website devoted to “Assignment: Earth,” the Star Trek original series episode that … Continue reading
You think people would learn their lesson, and quit calling us, but nooooOOOOoooo. TrekMovie.com certainly hasn’t. Late last month, the popular fan-driven Star Trek news site, for reasons surpassing understanding, dispatched intrepid interviewer Rich Shepis to talk to me and … Continue reading
Hey, Kansas City-area readers, fans, and peeps! Just a reminder that my hetero life mate, Kevin Dilmore, and I will be signing copies of our first-ever comic, Star Trek: Waypoint #2 from IDW Publishing, this Wednesday at Pop Culture Comix in … Continue reading
Awwwwwwwwww, yeah. So, you know that my hetero life mate, Kevin, and I got a chance to write a Star Trek comic story for IDW Publishing earlier in the year. Never content to do things in anything resembling “a normal … Continue reading
It’s been not quite a year since IDW Publishing announced plans to collect and publish Star Trek: The Classic UK Comics. I vividly remember that day, as it was upon reading said announcement that all fluids simultaneously fled my body in a … Continue reading
:: reviews Bucket List :: :: notes entry, “Write Comic Book; See Name on Cover” :: :: checks off Bucket List Item :: :: dances around home office :: Thanks to editor Sarah Gaydos and the good folks at IDW … Continue reading
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED. Several months ago, IDW Star Trek comics editor Sarah Gaydos reached out to me via e-Mail, asking if I might be interested in participating in a special comics project she was developing to celebrate Trek‘s 50th anniversary. The … Continue reading
For those of you who aren’t dialed in to such things, CBS announced back in November that a new Star Trek television series was in development, with a premiere scheduled for January 2017. Unlike its previous TV incarnations, this new Trek was … Continue reading