New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- The Official Dayton & Kevin 2017 Convention Stalking Guide.
- Take a peek inside my Vulcan Travel Guide!
- Happy 50th Anniversary, "TrekLit!"
- Find/Contact Me
- December writing wrap-up.
- Need a Halloween pick-me-up? Listen to HG World!
- Novels & Novellas
- Hey, wait. I've got my own "writer-versary," this month!
- "Assignment: Earth," the so-so Star Trek episode that keeps on giving.
Search the Fog
- Ha HAH! Sound advice. ;) twitter.com/damiantgordon/… 3 hours ago
- Happy 95th Birthday to the incomparable @BettyMWhite. Sliced bread only wishes it was this cool. latimes.com/entertainment/… 2 days ago
- You should never argue with kangaroos who can read. No, seriously. #ProTip twitter.com/Pocket_Books/s… 2 days ago
- Novel outline sent to its editor for review. Next: Start a short story; review galley pages for novel coming out in June. #AmWriting 3 days ago
- Oh, yeah. @HamillHimself is at it again! cbr.com/mark-hamills-j… 4 days ago
Category Archives: comics
WARNING: Nerdy rambling lay ahead. The other day on Facebook, noted science fiction author and all-around good guy Robert J. Sawyer mentioned that he’d stumbled across a fan website devoted to “Assignment: Earth,” the Star Trek original series episode that … Continue reading
You think people would learn their lesson, and quit calling us, but nooooOOOOoooo. TrekMovie.com certainly hasn’t. Late last month, the popular fan-driven Star Trek news site, for reasons surpassing understanding, dispatched intrepid interviewer Rich Shepis to talk to me and … Continue reading
Hey, Kansas City-area readers, fans, and peeps! Just a reminder that my hetero life mate, Kevin Dilmore, and I will be signing copies of our first-ever comic, Star Trek: Waypoint #2 from IDW Publishing, this Wednesday at Pop Culture Comix in … Continue reading
Awwwwwwwwww, yeah. So, you know that my hetero life mate, Kevin, and I got a chance to write a Star Trek comic story for IDW Publishing earlier in the year. Never content to do things in anything resembling “a normal … Continue reading
It’s been not quite a year since IDW Publishing announced plans to collect and publish Star Trek: The Classic UK Comics. I vividly remember that day, as it was upon reading said announcement that all fluids simultaneously fled my body in a … Continue reading
:: reviews Bucket List :: :: notes entry, “Write Comic Book; See Name on Cover” :: :: checks off Bucket List Item :: :: dances around home office :: Thanks to editor Sarah Gaydos and the good folks at IDW … Continue reading
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED. Several months ago, IDW Star Trek comics editor Sarah Gaydos reached out to me via e-Mail, asking if I might be interested in participating in a special comics project she was developing to celebrate Trek‘s 50th anniversary. The … Continue reading
For those of you who aren’t dialed in to such things, CBS announced back in November that a new Star Trek television series was in development, with a premiere scheduled for January 2017. Unlike its previous TV incarnations, this new Trek was … Continue reading
Wishing a Happy 93rd Birthday to the Generalissimo himself, Stan Lee! He’s been at the epicenter of comics for more than seventy years. I still have my copy of How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way, which I purchased when I … Continue reading
O. M. G. Back in 2013, IDW Publishing granted the wish of uncounted Star Trek fanboys (including the one who wrote this blog thing you’re reading right now) when they published Star Trek: The Newspaper Comics, a gorgeous two-volume oversized … Continue reading