New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- My Mars Attacks novella has its own trading card!
- The sorta late January writing wrap-up.
- Shuttlecraft Galileo....SOLD!
- I'm writing a Mars Attacks novella!
- From the Archives: "Naked Came the Betazoid."
- Dayton Who?
- The lost shuttlecraft Galileo...found?
- "You can overuse the 'said' dialogue tag," the writer said.
- RIP, Major Richard D. "Dick" Winters.
- Ask Dayton #114 on the G and T Show: "Nice save, Gene!"
Search the Fog
- In the spaceship the empty spaceship the egg opens tonight..... (h/t: @hollywoodscifi) https://t.co/npfK3P5pNy 1 day ago
- I'm in a parallel universe! I can't remember the last time this happened. #AmFlying #NoReally https://t.co/mxC4M5j0DB 3 days ago
- I will say this about this trip: @Delta has been on point every step of the way. Haven't flown w/them for yrs, but that might be changing. 3 days ago
- Now waiting in Satan's foyer (aka, "the boarding area"). #AmFlying #AlmostButNotQuite 3 days ago
- When traveling to Atlanta, your plane lands in another time zone, and you taxi to the terminal via mountain pass. #TruFax #AmFlying 3 days ago
Category Archives: comics
Wishing a Happy 93rd Birthday to the Generalissimo himself, Stan Lee! He’s been at the epicenter of comics for more than seventy years. I still have my copy of How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way, which I purchased when I … Continue reading
O. M. G. Back in 2013, IDW Publishing granted the wish of uncounted Star Trek fanboys (including the one who wrote this blog thing you’re reading right now) when they published Star Trek: The Newspaper Comics, a gorgeous two-volume oversized … Continue reading
I think the title pretty much says it all, right? The Sequart Organization has been keeping friends Rich Handley and Joe Berenato busy of late. In turn, they have been keeping freelance word pushers like myself out of trouble by giving us … Continue reading
Not together, you understand. I mean, that’d just be weird. Those of you who follow this space with any regularity know that the good folks over at the Sequart Organization have seen fit to invite me into their fold here … Continue reading
In the comic shop, everybody can hear you scream, fanboy. Over the weekend at the annual WonderCon convention, IDW announced that it was teaming up with DC Comics for another Star Trek crossover. As some of you may know, the … Continue reading
Last summer, I wrote my first essay for the Sequart Organization, which was published in New Life and New Civilizations: Exploring Star Trek Comics, a collection edited by Joseph F. Berenato. Having failed to learn their lesson after that first … Continue reading
As we cruise on toward the end of the year, we find ourselves drawing ever closer to the launch of The Primate Directive, the Star Trek/Planet of the Apes crossover event coming at us courtesy of comics publishers IDW and … Continue reading
Last year, current Star Trek comics publisher IDW unleashed a treasure trove of Trekkie comics goodness on a grateful fandom when it published the two-volume Star Trek: The Newspaper Comics, collecting the run of story strips which were published in … Continue reading
So, this little comics bombshell was dropped today: StarTrek.com: Star Trek/Planet Of the Apes Crossover Coming Soon from IDW & BOOM! According to the article, “IDW will publish the alternate universe crossover, a multi-issue series that will pair the original U.S.S. … Continue reading
Sequart, having failed to learn their lesson after hiring me to pen an essay for inclusion in their forthcoming collection New Life and New Civilizations: Exploring Star Trek Comics, has taken complete leave of their senses and asked me to contribute … Continue reading