New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- The Official Dayton & Kevin 2017 Convention Stalking Guide.
- Take a peek inside my Vulcan Travel Guide!
- Happy 50th Anniversary, "TrekLit!"
- Find/Contact Me
- December writing wrap-up.
- Need a Halloween pick-me-up? Listen to HG World!
- Novels & Novellas
- Hey, wait. I've got my own "writer-versary," this month!
- "Assignment: Earth," the so-so Star Trek episode that keeps on giving.
Search the Fog
- Ha HAH! Sound advice. ;) twitter.com/damiantgordon/… 3 hours ago
- Happy 95th Birthday to the incomparable @BettyMWhite. Sliced bread only wishes it was this cool. latimes.com/entertainment/… 2 days ago
- You should never argue with kangaroos who can read. No, seriously. #ProTip twitter.com/Pocket_Books/s… 2 days ago
- Novel outline sent to its editor for review. Next: Start a short story; review galley pages for novel coming out in June. #AmWriting 3 days ago
- Oh, yeah. @HamillHimself is at it again! cbr.com/mark-hamills-j… 4 days ago
Category Archives: books
For the past few years, Abrams ComicArts has been producing a truly fun series of books. Working in partnership with Topps, these tomes have revisited popular sets of non-sports trading or “bubble gum” cards or stickers from the days of old. Each … Continue reading
I guess I’m getting old, and forgetful. A reader e-Mailed me this evening, responding to my blog post from last week about the “50th anniversary” of Star Trek fiction. What’s that? You didn’t read it? Well, here: Let me provide you … Continue reading
As was pointed out over on the TrekBBS by user “ryan123450,” this month marks the 50th anniversary of “Star Trek Literature.” Star Trek, the first collection of original series episode adaptations written by noted science fiction author James Blish, was published … Continue reading
WARNING: Nerdy rambling lay ahead. The other day on Facebook, noted science fiction author and all-around good guy Robert J. Sawyer mentioned that he’d stumbled across a fan website devoted to “Assignment: Earth,” the Star Trek original series episode that … Continue reading
Found a box on the porch today, and what was inside? A new present from the Book Fairy, in the form of my author’s contributor copy of Planet of the Apes: Tales from the Forbidden Zone! (Click to Biggie Size) … Continue reading
“Sure,” I can hear some of you saying. “Because he hasn’t annoyed me with one of these updates in a while.” I’m pleased to report that Hearts and Minds, my Star Trek: The Next Generation novel that’s set for publication … Continue reading
Black Friday! AHHHH!!!! Along with all the big stores doing their usual holiday shopping/gladiatorial combat thing, there also are the local and independently owned businesses in our various communities. To begin this with some shameless self-promotion, both Geeks of Doom … Continue reading
Stick this in your ears. My mail carrier brought good tidings today, in the form of the audiobook adaptation of Purgatory’s Key, as narrated in exceptional fashion by actor Robert Petkoff. Sure, the digital version’s been available since the paperback … Continue reading
Go figure. Earlier in the week, my partner in literary mischief, David Mack, was informed that one very hip history professor out at San Diego State University was incorporating various aspects of Star Trek into his curriculum. In particular, Dave’s own … Continue reading