New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital man cave. Now with extra bacon.
Search the Fog
What People Are Reading
- Happy Birthday, Lee Majors!
- Happy 49th Birthday to the original Starship Enterprise!
- Announcing STAR TREK: SEEKERS!
- The best Marine Corps recruiting poster. Ever.
- For you fans of 2001: A Space Odyssey....
- Happy 45th Anniversary, 2001: A Space Odyssey!
- The 16 Least Scary Monsters from SF TV and movies.
- Happy 60th Birthday to The Day the Earth Stood Still!
- Marvel Movie Tip: Stay for the credits, yo.
- Dear SEO spammers: Bite me.
- Fortune cookie: "Do you want to be a power in the world? Then be yourself." Well, duh. I am...after all...me. ;) 1 day ago
- Okay, at last check, everyone in the universe with an " aol.com" e-Mail address has been hacked. "People say it works!" 1 day ago
- RT @JillPantozzi: <3 RT @TheMarySue: Greg Rucka Has Something Important To Say About Your Gatekeeping Of Women In Geek Culture http://t.co/… 1 day ago
- "Why do you wear a watch?" "So I can look at it to show I'm bored with a conversation." "Okay...wait. Why are you looking at your watch?" 2 days ago
- Happy Discount Chocolate Day! #fb 2 days ago
Category Archives: books
Over on his blog, John Scalzi offered his readers a peek of sorts behind the curtain, revealing how he came to sell the various books (fiction and non-fiction) he’s written over the course of his career. As with just about … Continue reading
Earlier this morning, nominees were announced for the 2014 Scribe Awards. Presented by the International Association of Media Tie-In Writers (IAMTW), the Scribes “acknowledge and celebrate excellence in licensed tie-in writing—novels based on TV shows, movies, and games.” And yet, … Continue reading
A few weeks back, I saw a post in my Facebook feed about a book getting set to come out: Movies R Fun! A Collection of Cinematic Classics for the Pre-(Film) School Cinephile. Yep. Has “trouble” written all over it. … Continue reading
Thanks to a heads-up from the always informative Trek Collective, I’m now aware of some cool news from Cross Cult, our publishing friends across the pond over in Germany. The Cross Cult gang has been busy with translations of various Star … Continue reading
These arrived today. I do so love the smell of new books in the early afternoon. Or morning. Or evening. Or pretty much whenever, really. Would you like to know more? Zombiefied!
Saw this on Facebook this morning, thanks to friends and fellow word pushers Keith DeCandido and Greg Cox: Ian Coomber over at WhatCulture.com has taken a broad look at the nearly 50-year history of Star Trek tie-in publishing and come up with … Continue reading
Hot diggety! A couple of years ago, editor Carol Hightshoe over at Sky Warrior Books published Zombiefied, an anthology of…you guessed it…zombie stories! That’s right, the undead were spotlighted in a mess of fine tales, two dozen of them, in fact. Among … Continue reading
Here’s something I can never do often enough: brag on and pimp out my frequent co-writer, best friend and hetero life mate, Kevin Dilmore. Kevin’s been keeping busy with his day job at Hallmark Cards, where he’s been known over the years … Continue reading
Here we are, a day before Peaceable Kingdoms “officially” goes on sale, and all you scavenger hunters have done me proud. The book is apparently showing up far and wide, and in quantities at different locations that are–to me, anyway–very … Continue reading
No, this isn’t a shameless whoring post with me enticing you to buy my stuff. That’s what tomorrow is for. Instead, I’d like to pimp out Sky Warrior Books headed up by ace word-pusher Maggie Bonham, and the after-Christmas sale … Continue reading