New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- Pre-order Star Trek: Discovery - Drastic Measures!
- Trekking to Ticonderoga and the Star Trek Set Tour!
- It's Jupiter 2 Launch Day!
- Predator: If It Bleeds
- Cover description for Drastic Measures, my Star Trek: Discovery novel!
- Happy 45th Anniversary, M*A*S*H.
- November writing wrap-up!
- The sorta late September writing wrap-up.
- Talking Star Trek's "Arena" with the Enterprising Individuals podcast!
- Comic-Con Professional Badge: The Unboxening!
Search the Fog
- Out today! PREDATOR: IF IT BLEEDS, edited by @BryanThomasS w/tales by moi & a party of favorites! daytonward.wordpress.com/2017/10/17/pre… 2 days ago
- Airport restroom: TSA guy standing at a urinal, doing his thing with one hand while eating a candy bar with the other. #ThingsYouCantUnsee 3 days ago
- The only thing consistent about the wifi at KCI is its ability to consistently suck. 3 days ago
- On this date in 1997, the Jupiter 2 launches, bound for Alpha Centauri. It did so happen! SHUT UP! daytonward.wordpress.com/2017/10/16/its… 3 days ago
- Coming soon to a TV near me. #BabyDriver https://t.co/bcLH9X8fXX 5 days ago
Author Archives: Dayton Ward
Hell, that was close. Bucs 25 – Giants 23 Despite their best efforts, the Bucs managed to avoid giving away the game to the G-men, who came into Tampa carrying an 0-3 record and a season that might be on … Continue reading
Awwwww Yisssss. What do I find on the front porch this afternoon, but a brand-spankin’ new car-smellin’ copy of If It Bleeds, a collection of all new Predator short stories, coming very soon from Titan Books and editor Bryan Thomas Schmidt. … Continue reading
“YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH, DAYTON!” Sorry, folks, but it’s true. 30 years ago, tonight. I’ve told this story before, but on September 28th, 1987, I watched Star Trek: The Next Generation‘s premiere episode, “Encounter at Farpoint,” in the TV room of … Continue reading
All righty, then. Reality reasserts itself…a bit. Vikings 34 – Bucs 17 I didn’t get to this on Sunday, because I was busy with my volunteering duties at the National World War I Museum and Memorial, and later by being … Continue reading
Yet another overlooked piece of the Star Trek mythos I think is waaaaaaaaaaaay overdue for a comeback. Tell me I’m wrong. Another in a series of…”interesting” choices so far as early day Star Trek merchandising. One of my Writing Bucket … Continue reading
Football’s back! Well, it was back last week for most people, but my Bucs were forced to wait an extra week thanks to the chaos and fury that was Hurricane Irma. The storm and its numerous safety concerns of course … Continue reading
“We try to play par surgery on this course. Par is a live patient.” Forty-five years ago today, an odd, seemingly out-of-place television series made its rather quiet, almost overlooked premiere on CBS. It would struggle through its first season … Continue reading
I don’t know how I managed to overlook yammering about this earlier in the week, but it seems I did. Chalk it up to trying to knock out a few pending projects and clear the decks for some new stuff getting … Continue reading
Celebrating the 18th anniversary! September 13th, 1999: And you thought your day at the office sucked. This is another one of those holidays I think are tragically overlooked by the various greeting card companies. Come on, Hallmark! You’re leaving money … Continue reading
I think every day should be this, but apparently someone somewhere felt the need to call out today, September 6th, as the officially recognized, annually recurring “National Read A Book Day.” (For those wondering, today is also “National Coffee Ice Cream … Continue reading