So, hey! It’s been about a week since the release of Point of Divergence, the second book in the all-new Star Trek: Seekers novel series that I wrote with my bud Kevin Dilmore. The first book, Second Nature by our partner in crimes against literature, David Mack, has been out for a month or so and if you loved us you’d already have read it by now.
Now that we’ve had a week or so to revel in celebration at the conclusion of the initial, 2-part story that has (we hope) kicked off Star Trek: Seekers in fine fashion, I figure it’s time for one of those contest thingees I like to do whenever a new book is released. However, unlike the last couple of times, we’re not doing the whole scavenger hunt thingamabob. Instead, it’s time to break out your books and pencils, because it’s TEST TIME!
All righty, then. Here’s the deal:
Kevin and I have pulled together a series of trivia questions from the first two Seekers books. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to answer the questions to the best of your ability and email them to me.
All of the entries with all of the questions correctly answered will be eligible for a prize drawing. Five random contestants from this pool will receive one of these swank posters, autographed by David, Kevin, and myself, along with our cover artist and creator of said poster, Rob Caswell:
You know, assuming they want one.
WARNING! Directions and stuff lay ahead:
Don’t post your answers in the comments section. They won’t count.
Don’t post your answers to Facebook, Twitter, or wherever else you read this. They won’t count.
Don’t email them to anyone else but me. Otherwise? They won’t count.
Everybody got all that? Sweet.
Also, and this is a personal request: If you were one of the lucky ones who received this print at the recent Shore Leave convention, I’m going to ask that you recuse yourself from this contest, so that a few more people have a shot at securing one of these bad boys. I have no way of enforcing such things, of course, unless I just happen to remember you from the con, so I’m counting on the honor system and the awesomeness of you folks who read this blog with any regularity.
Thank you both.
So, what are you dealing with? Here’s your test (Don’t worry…it’s not that hard):
Seekers #1: Second Nature –
1. Which member of the U.S.S. Sagittarius crew member sleeps in a sac of regenerative goo?
2. What is the name of the Sagittarius‘ land rover used by the landing party on the surface of Nereus II?
3. What is a nickname for the Sagittarius‘ galley? (more than one possible answer)
Seekers #2: Point of Divergence –
4. What Earth food is the young Tomol, Seta, shown enjoying in the U.S.S. Endeavour’s sickbay?
5. With Starbase 47 no longer in the Taurus Reach, what planet-bound installation serves as an interim port of call for the Sagittarius and the Endeavour, while a new space station is being constructed?
6. Per a particular Starfleet admiral, what is the “First Rule of Vanguard?”
***Mail your answers to daytonward AT att DOT net, with “Seekers Trivia Contest!” in the subject line.***
The entry period runs from today, September 2nd, through Saturday, September 6th. Winners will be announced early next week.