Here we are, halfway through the last month of 2011. Just think: A year from now, we’ll all be dead, victims of Mayan prophecy.
Until then, you have to continue putting up with me.
Being the 16th, that means it’s my turn at bat over at the Novel Spaces blog! This month, I offer what likely is one of the final, parting thoughts about last month’s National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), and how totally I suck at participating in the endeavor.
So, for those of you who write (or engage in any other creative pursuit, and regardless of whether your a “pro”), do you struggle with deadlines, be they external or self-imposed? What methods or tricks do you employ keep yourself focused?
My Novel Spaces archive:
- “They’re Young, They Write…and They Inspire!” – November 2011
- “Write Proudly!” – October 2011
- “Music for My Fingers” – September 2011
- “Is This Seat Taken?” – August 2011
- “Reviews: You Can’t Win” – June 2011
- “Collaboration” (or “How to Write With Your Best Friend and Not Kill Each Other”) – February 2010