Followers of the weekly Star Trek Re-Watch feature with me and David Mack (infinitydog) over at Tor.com know that next week’s episode is perhaps one of the worst hours of television ever committed to celluloid, not only of Star Trek but perhaps of the medium itself. It stands to reason that I’ll be drinking something while forcing myself to sit through the episode, and anyone betting against Mack hoisting a few…well…you just haven’t been paying attention.
Anyway, one of the commenters over at the blog for this week’s Re-Watch episode, “Requiem for Methuselah,” has come up with a mighty fine idea: A drinking game! I’m not sure if he meant for Star Trek in general or this episode in particular, but I’m thinking the latter has all sorts of possibilities. For example:
- Whenever somebody says “Herbert,” take a drink.
- Whenever somebody makes that weird pseudo “Peace Sign” gesture, take a drink.
- If #1 and #2 are done together, that’s a double.
- Whenever somebody breaks out in song, take a drink.
- Whenever somebody starts dancing, take a drink.
- If #4 and #5 are done together, finish your drink.
- Whenever somebody says “We reach,” take a drink.
- Whenever somebody says, “Yay, brother,” take a drink.
- If #7 and #8 are done together, that’s a double.
And so on…
Anybody else have suggestions?
Have at it, peeps.
(DISCLAIMER: This is obviously a joke, and I’m not advocating that anyone actually get plastered while watching this episode. Well, besides myself, of course. If you’re gonna drink, drink responsibly, right?)