For two seasons, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine chronicled the intense struggle of the Federation, fighting alongside the Klingons and the Romulans against the overwhelming forces of the Dominion in some of the most exciting hours of television ever produced.
Now, for the first time, see how the Dominion War affected the entirety of the Star Trek universe. From the heart of the Federation to the bridge of the Starship Enterprise. From the front lines of Klingon space to the darkest recesses of the Romulan Empire. From the heroic members of the Starfleet Corps of Engineers to the former crew of the U.S.S. Stargazer. From the edge of the New Frontier to the corridors of station Deep Space 9.
Some of the finest Star Trek novelists have been gathered to provide a dozen new tales from this seminal period in galactic history. Heroes from three generations–Sisko, Picard, Spock, Kira, Calhoun, Klag, McCoy, Gold, and so many more–brought together in these…
TALES OF THE DOMINION WAR
Greg Cox * Peter David * Keith R.A. DeCandido * Michael Jan Friedman * Dave Galanter * Robert Greenberger * Heather Jarman & Jeffrey Lang * David Mack * Michael A. Martin & Andy Mangels * Josepha Sherman & Susan Shwartz * Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore * Howard Weinstein
An anthology featuring new stories about the Dominion War from as many of the Star Trek series, including the books-only incarnations, as Keith could cram into its pages!
Table of contents:
- Introduction by Keith R.A. DeCandido
- “What Dreams May Come” by Michael Jan Friedman
- “Night of the Vulture” by Greg Cox
- “The Ceremony of Innocence is Drowned” by Keith R.A. DeCandido
- “Blood Sacrifice” by Josepha Sherman & Susan Shwartz
- “Mirror Eyes” by Heather Jarman & Jeffrey Lang
- “Field Expediency” by Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore
- “Twilight’s Wrath” by David Mack
- “Eleven Hours Out” by Dave Galanter
- “Safe Harbors” by Howard Weinstein
- “A Song Well Sung” by Robert Greenberger
- “Stone Cold Truths” by Peter David
- “Requital” by Michael A. Martin & Andy Mangels
- The Dominion War Timeline, compiled by Keith R.A. DeCandido
This anthology marked the first time that Kevin and I were invited to join a lineup of some of the most popular Star Trek novelists writing today — even though it ended up being published after our first two TNG books and the previous Star Trek: New Frontier – No Limits anthology. Peter David, Michael Jan Friedman, Howard Weinstein…these are guys whose books I was reading years and years before I ever got the hair-brained notion that I might be able to write.
In the story Kevin and I wrote for this anthology, “Field Expediency,” S.C.E. specialists Kieran Duffy and Fabian Stevens must work with agents from Starfleet Intelligence to salvage a vital piece of encryption technology from the Breen. Naturally, things go Horribly Wrong(tm).