Writer Dayton Ward’s online man cave. Now with extra bacon.
You've been warned. No whining.
What People Are Reading
- Introducing....The Graduate!
- The lost shuttlecraft Galileo...found?
- Preventive Maintenance...the Final Frontier?
- Happy 47th Birthday to the original Starship Enterprise!
- Star Trek: Topps Trading Cards tribute book!
- Dayton Who?
- "Ask Dayton" on the G&T Show...#19!
- Richard C. Datin, Jr., RIP.
- That Which Divides
- "Ten for Ward" #6 at StarTrek.com: Trek Gifts from Christmas Past.
Looking for something?
- A portrait of the writer as a dude with a deadline. http://t.co/Bxyke8RXmU 1 day ago
- RT @ChrisRRegan: I haven't seen any of the "Fast & Furious" movies. Where's a good place to start? The books? 1 day ago
- Despite my best efforts, my daughter would not do her impression of Newbomb Turk singing "Volare" at her preschool "graduation." Damn. #fb 1 day ago
- Based on her choice of wardrobe, I can only guess that the lady on our local cable weather station is going clubbing after her broadcast. 1 day ago
- Twerplexed: seeing the "Verified" checkmark next to someone in the "Who to follow" box, and you don't know who the fuck they are. #NewWords 1 day ago
Category Archives: writing
My scheduled “day” in the rotation of writers who post to the Novel Spaces blog has been shifted from the 17th to the 15th, and….BAM! Look what day it is? This month, I decide to examine one of those “Top 10″ … Continue reading
Today, I stopped at my local Target store to grab some lunch. Their deli section has some decent salads, sandwiches, and other selections, and I’ve acquired a taste for this buffalo chicken wrap thing they make every day. Don’t worry: … Continue reading
May? Already? Dear 2013: Slow the hell down. As with March, most of April’s writing effort was focused on the current novel-in-progress. We’re in the last month or so of that work, with a deadline for the manuscript set for early June. I managed … Continue reading
Hey, today’s the day! I’m a guest on Trek Radio for two hours, starting at 12pm Eastern time. No pre-records, no edits, no time lag. In the immortal words of that great orator, Bill O’Reilly: As I mentioned in this … Continue reading
Today marks the 7th annual International Pixel-Stained Technopeasant Day! Founded in 2007 by author Jo Walton (aka papersky), IPSTD’s purpose is “to encourage writers to post ‘professional quality’ works for free on the internet.” The reasons for this are made clear in the … Continue reading
First, I must apologize if this post comes out looking a bit weird. I’m doing it from my smartphone, which is proving to be quite the challenge. Anyway, while I’ve been hanging out here in Denver, the cover art and … Continue reading
Hey, whaddayaknow? It’s the 17th again, and that means it’s my turn at bat over at the Novel Spaces blog. This month, I babble a bit over whether I always need a “dedicated space” in order to write, or if I can … Continue reading
And just like that, we’re a quarter of the way through 2013. Whaaaaaaaat? Like February, a large portion of March’s writing time was devoted to the current novel-in-progress. Still, there were a few other things here and there to keep life interesting. In … Continue reading
Whaaaaaaaaat? The 17th again, already? I suppose it’s true, and it also means a special St. Patrick’s Day edition of my usual antics over at the Novel Spaces blog! This month, I yammer for a while about how we as writers often “classify” … Continue reading