Writer Dayton Ward’s online man cave. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- Ask Dayton #88 on the G and T Show: “Your Argument Is Invalid.”
- Your moment of TrekZen*.
- Stuff I've Written
- Happy 47th Birthday to the original Starship Enterprise!
- Catching up - More info about Star Trek: The Fall from StarTrek.com
- Announcing STAR TREK: SEEKERS!
- Novels & Novellas
- Happy 45th Anniversary, 2001: A Space Odyssey!
- Announcing H.E. Ellis' F*cked Up Fairy Tales!
- Star Trek: Typhon Pact...Cross Cult Style!
Looking for something?
- Right now, by request on Addy & Erin's GeekDad Theater: "Scooby Doo Meets Batman." #fb 2 hours ago
- Holy crap. It's already been 10 years since the rebooted Battlestar Galactica? DAMN YOU, TIME. SLOW DOWN. 3 hours ago
- #Bucs up by 21 after three quarters. NOBODY LET THE CLOCK STRIKE MIDNIGHT. YOU GOT THAT??? #fb 3 hours ago
- Overheard in the Philly coach's booth: "Get Rudolph warmed up." #DETvsPHI #fb 4 hours ago
- "Illegal snow angel formation, offense. 15 yard penalty, still First Down." #DETvsPHI #fb 5 hours ago
Category Archives: usmc
This isn’t a movie review. It’s just me rambling as I continue to consider the film I watched last night. Taking Chance was but one on a stack of DVD’s I’ve purchased over the past couple of months, but until … Continue reading
233 years old today. “There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines, and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.” – General William Thornson, U.S. Army Semper Fi!
Marine expelled, another punished over puppy video For those wondering, “non-judicial punishment” is essentially the commanding officer imposing punishment without the hassle of a court-martial. The accused would have the right to refuse NJP and request a court-martial, but if … Continue reading
From the March 10th edition of The Daily Show. The situation with Code Pink vs. the Marines in Berkeley is skewered in fine TDS fashion: Watch it at The Daily Show‘s website! I’m still laughing at the “I kind of … Continue reading
Forwarded to me by a friend, and posted here without comment (well, other than to say I’m laughing just a little bit). If it is true, then it’s pretty damned funny: Code Pink knows who to call when the chips … Continue reading
Berkeley City Council moderates anti-Marine position. The money quote: “Instead, the city is now simply stating it’s opposed to the war and the billions spent on it. However, “we recognize the recruiter’s right to locate in our city and the … Continue reading
Apparently, today is a big showdown in the embattled city of Berkeley. Protesters and supporters of the military — specifically, the Marine Corps officer selection office situated in the middle of downtown — are massing as you read this, already … Continue reading
Yep, looks to be a communications breakdown, avoidable from the outset and which will certainly turn into a PR nightmare for the mayor’s office. Read me. Some of the comments from the Tin Foil Hat Crowd at the bottom of … Continue reading
This one’s a bit different. It’s out of Toledo: Mayor to Marines: Leave Downtown The mayor asked the members of the 1st Battalion, 24th Marines reserve unit to leave downtown Toledo rather than spend the weekend conducting their MOUT (Missions … Continue reading