New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital tree fort. Now with extra bacon.
Search the Fog
What People Are Reading
- World Series 2014 musings.
- Coming Soon from IDW: Star Trek "Photocomics!"
- For you fans of 2001: A Space Odyssey....
- Announcing STAR TREK: SEEKERS!
- Spicing up the GOP debates.
- The best Marine Corps recruiting poster. Ever.
- Batman: You're the Star of the Story, by Kevin Dilmore!
- Star Trek: Vanguard fan art!
- Happy 49th Birthday to the original Starship Enterprise!
- RIP Tom Deishley, aka "General Motog" from Star Trek: The Experience.
- RT @WorldAndScience: Interesting fact... http://t.co/6vuy7WKLyy 2 hours ago
- RT @SpaceMovers: Happy Halloween from Space Movers!#SpaceMovers @ClubFantasci @GeekedupGaming1 @UndeadViking @wibaigames @GeekDads http://t… 2 hours ago
- 8:45am and I've already hit my Stupid People Quota for the day. Thank you, internet. 2 hours ago
- Pre-Halloween tradition: Listening to the 1938 War of the Worlds broadcast. Just me, or anybody else do this? youtube.com/watch?v=Xs0K4A… 18 hours ago
- Just got an email from Ello saying it was "Now safe for work." Wait....what the hell did I miss? 19 hours ago
Category Archives: usmc
So, yesterday being Columbus Day, I wasn’t working. Confronted with a rare day off that was free of deadlines or other pressing matters, I opted to take a jaunt across town and do some skulking through various bookstores. One of … Continue reading
Warning: Nostalgia ahead. When you leave an old job under favorable conditions, like because you’re on your way to a different department or maybe even a different company or because you’re retiring, it’s not uncommon for your co-workers to go … Continue reading
A friend sent me this over the weekend: Man of the House: Why Every Man Should Own A Leatherman Tool Setting aside the comments (though I did wonder how this guy had never seen one of these things before), and … Continue reading
On November 1st, 1921, John A. Lejeune, 13th Commandant of the Marine Corps, directed that a reminder of the honorable service of the Corps be published by every command, to all Marines throughout the globe, on the birthday of the … Continue reading
Twenty-five years ago tonight, I sit on a darkened bus along with fifty or sixty other guys, wondering if I’ve made a huge mistake. Then the doors open and the lights come on, and a muscular man steps aboard, wearing … Continue reading
Back in the early-mid 1990s, I was part of a rather tight-knit group of Marines and DoD civilians working at the Marine Corps’ pay and personnel center here in Kansas City. It was an awesome group to work with. We … Continue reading