New York Times bestselling author Dayton Ward’s digital man cave. Now with extra bacon.
Search the Fog
What People Are Reading
- Happy Birthday, Lee Majors!
- Happy 49th Birthday to the original Starship Enterprise!
- Tonight on the History Channel - CRYPTID: THE SWAMP BEAST.
- Dayton Who?
- New Life and New Civilizations: Exploring Star Trek Comics, from Sequart!
- Stuff I've Written
- The best Marine Corps recruiting poster. Ever.
- For you fans of 2001: A Space Odyssey....
- Happy 45th Anniversary, 2001: A Space Odyssey!
- Shuttlecraft Galileo....SOLD!
- Fortune cookie: "Do you want to be a power in the world? Then be yourself." Well, duh. I am...after all...me. ;) 1 day ago
- Okay, at last check, everyone in the universe with an " aol.com" e-Mail address has been hacked. "People say it works!" 1 day ago
- RT @JillPantozzi: <3 RT @TheMarySue: Greg Rucka Has Something Important To Say About Your Gatekeeping Of Women In Geek Culture http://t.co/… 1 day ago
- "Why do you wear a watch?" "So I can look at it to show I'm bored with a conversation." "Okay...wait. Why are you looking at your watch?" 2 days ago
- Happy Discount Chocolate Day! #fb 2 days ago
Category Archives: usmc
This isn’t a movie review. It’s just me rambling as I continue to consider the film I watched last night. Taking Chance was but one on a stack of DVD’s I’ve purchased over the past couple of months, but until … Continue reading
233 years old today. “There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines, and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.” – General William Thornson, U.S. Army Semper Fi!
Marine expelled, another punished over puppy video For those wondering, “non-judicial punishment” is essentially the commanding officer imposing punishment without the hassle of a court-martial. The accused would have the right to refuse NJP and request a court-martial, but if … Continue reading
From the March 10th edition of The Daily Show. The situation with Code Pink vs. the Marines in Berkeley is skewered in fine TDS fashion: Watch it at The Daily Show‘s website! I’m still laughing at the “I kind of … Continue reading
Forwarded to me by a friend, and posted here without comment (well, other than to say I’m laughing just a little bit). If it is true, then it’s pretty damned funny: Code Pink knows who to call when the chips … Continue reading
Berkeley City Council moderates anti-Marine position. The money quote: “Instead, the city is now simply stating it’s opposed to the war and the billions spent on it. However, “we recognize the recruiter’s right to locate in our city and the … Continue reading
Apparently, today is a big showdown in the embattled city of Berkeley. Protesters and supporters of the military — specifically, the Marine Corps officer selection office situated in the middle of downtown — are massing as you read this, already … Continue reading
Yep, looks to be a communications breakdown, avoidable from the outset and which will certainly turn into a PR nightmare for the mayor’s office. Read me. Some of the comments from the Tin Foil Hat Crowd at the bottom of … Continue reading
This one’s a bit different. It’s out of Toledo: Mayor to Marines: Leave Downtown The mayor asked the members of the 1st Battalion, 24th Marines reserve unit to leave downtown Toledo rather than spend the weekend conducting their MOUT (Missions … Continue reading