Writer Dayton Ward’s online man cave. Now with extra bacon.
You've been warned. No whining.
What People Are Reading
- The lost shuttlecraft Galileo...found?
- I sense a disturbance....
- "He's undead, Jim."
- Best of Classic Dave Barry 2013, May 11-17.
- Restored shuttlecraft Galileo bound for Houston!
- Happy 47th Birthday to the original Starship Enterprise!
- Your moment of TrekZen*.
- Short Stories
- Star Trek: Infestation #2 cover.
- Happy 45th Anniversary, Planet of the Apes!
Looking for something?
- Just me and the girls, with Mom out of town. ICE CREAM! PREPARE FOR GLORY!!! #fb 20 hours ago
- "This fandom needs an enema!" - Me, just now. 22 hours ago
- Amusement o/t Day: People younger than me staking out the "We're the REAL fans" ground in the current Trek movie love/hate war. Do go on. :D 23 hours ago
- Today's GeekShirt of Choice: "Shawshank Chess Championship - 1947 - From Inmate to Checkmate." (via @teefury) #fb 1 day ago
- "Skullfucking Salacious Crumb" is the name of my new band. @ThatKevinSmith #JayAndSilentBob #KC #fb 1 day ago
Category Archives: usmc
After posting the picture my sister sent me the other day, I started thinking about Parris Island, and boot camp, with one thought leading to another as I bounced around the web looking for pictures and whatnot. Then, I stumbled … Continue reading
My sister sent me this pic yesterday. She and her family were traveling up the highway on their way to a vacation destination. She asked me if it brought back any memories…. It surely did. Of course, the first time … Continue reading
Everybody get enough to eat today? A few posts on Facebook and Twitter are reminding folks to keep in their thoughts the men and women in uniform who can’t be with their families today, as they’re either serving abroad–perhaps in … Continue reading
On November 1st, 1921, John A. Lejeune, 13th Commandant of the Marine Corps, directed that a reminder of the honorable service of the Corps be published by every command, to all Marines throughout the globe, on the birthday of the … Continue reading
In early 1983, the 24th Marine Amphibious Unit was deployed from Camp Lejeune, North Carolina to Beirut, Lebanon to take up post as part of the peacekeeping force originally inserted the previous year into the conflict raging there between Christian … Continue reading
“If you ladies leave my island…if you survive recruit training…then you will be a weapon. You will be a Minister of Death, praying for war. But until that day, you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on … Continue reading
Semper Fi, Chesty! Lieutenant General Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller June 26, 1898 – October 11, 1971 “Pain is weakness leaving the body!”
Ah, memories. (Sent from a friend via e-Mail.)
Wait…what??? That’s right, Heartbreak Ridge, the 1986 film starring and directed by Clint Eastwood, turns 25 this year; yesterday, as a matter of fact (which also was my father’s 69th birthday, so there’s an interesting bit of symmetry right there.). … Continue reading