Writer Dayton Ward’s online man cave. Now with extra bacon.
You've been warned. No whining.
What People Are Reading
- Star Trek: Topps Trading Cards tribute book!
- Shuttlecraft Galileo....SOLD!
- Stuff I've Written
- The lost shuttlecraft Galileo...found?
- Your other car could be the Shuttlecraft Galileo!
- Short Stories
- Your moment of TrekZen*.
- "The Bionic Woman, Part One" on Cyborgs: A Bionic Podcast!
- Novels & Novellas
- Novel Spaces - "Tips for living with a writer? A list, deconstructed."
Looking for something?
- RT @JohnLuce: "You can pretty much put anything in quotes, attribute it to C.S. Lewis, and Christians will repeat it ad nauseum." - C.S. Le… 1 hour ago
- RT @TheDorkyShane: "Shane Moore hates writing bios, so fuck you." -Dayton Ward. I wish my agent would take this as my BIO. lololol 1 hour ago
- Amazon to sell "fan fiction." I'm holding out until they let me do my Gary Seven/Doctor Who crossover. deadline.com/2013/05/amazon… 1 hour ago
- Holy crap. The original Star Trek series in Blu-ray is fabulous. 1 day ago
- Ah, Monday: We meet again. http://t.co/L4Kz755s 2 days ago
Category Archives: tributes
“This ship is equipped with a forward-mounted, twenty-millimeter electric cannon. Its six barrels are capable of firing four thousand rounds of ammunition per minute. And that, gentlemen, is one hell of a shit-storm in anybody’s language!” Frank Murphy, helicopter pilot for … Continue reading
Lee Majors, the Six Million Dollar Man himself, celebrates his 74th birthday today! Having seen him just a couple of weeks ago during his recent guest stint on TNT’s Dallas, I have to say that he still looks pretty spry, by golly. I … Continue reading
“As a distant planet was destroyed by old age, a scientist placed his infant son within a hastily devised space-ship, launching it toward Earth! When the vehicle landed on Earth, a passing motorist, discovering the sleeping babe within, turned the … Continue reading
Wait, what? That’s right! Today marks the 60th anniversary of the initial publication of Casino Royale, the very first James Bond novel by Ian Fleming, in 1953. As most folks know, the novel was only moderately successful, and nothing more … Continue reading
We’re only 50 years from this most excellent of events, y’all. Still, we look to the future with hope and excitement. After all, we know that this monumental meeting between humanity and intelligent beings from a world beyond our own … Continue reading
“Eighteen months ago, the first evidence of intelligent life off the Earth was discovered. It was buried forty feet below the lunar surface, near the crater Tycho. Except for a single, very powerful radio emission aimed at Jupiter, the four … Continue reading
Like his brother from another mother, William Shatner, did last Friday, Mr. Nimoy turns 82 years old today, and he’s still running like the Energizer Bunny mainlining Monster Energy. May you live long and continue to kick it all kinds … Continue reading
That’s right, kids! Today marks the 82nd birthday of the one and only William Shatner, aka OG Captain Kirk. 82, and still kickin’ it all kinds of old-school. I get tired just watching the man work. Here’s to many more … Continue reading
I originally wrote this for my mother’s birthday a few years ago, and realized the following year that I’d used up all of the coolest anecdotes and funniest little bits the first time around. So, I decided to make this … Continue reading
That’s right! Forty years ago today, television audiences got their first look at Steve Austin: a man barely alive, and got to watch as he was made better, stronger, and faster for the tidy sum of six million dollars. Based … Continue reading