Writer Dayton Ward’s online man cave. Now with extra bacon.
You've been warned. No whining.
What People Are Reading
- Your moment of TrekZen*.
- The lost shuttlecraft Galileo...found?
- Active, former or retired military? You should be reading The Duffel Blog.
- I sense a disturbance....
- "He's undead, Jim."
- Shuttlecraft Galileo....SOLD!
- Best of Classic Dave Barry 2013, May 11-17.
- Short Stories
- Restored shuttlecraft Galileo bound for Houston!
- Happy 47th Birthday to the original Starship Enterprise!
Looking for something?
- Just me and the girls, with Mom out of town. ICE CREAM! PREPARE FOR GLORY!!! #fb 9 hours ago
- "This fandom needs an enema!" - Me, just now. 11 hours ago
- Amusement o/t Day: People younger than me staking out the "We're the REAL fans" ground in the current Trek movie love/hate war. Do go on. :D 12 hours ago
- Today's GeekShirt of Choice: "Shawshank Chess Championship - 1947 - From Inmate to Checkmate." (via @teefury) #fb 15 hours ago
- "Skullfucking Salacious Crumb" is the name of my new band. @ThatKevinSmith #JayAndSilentBob #KC #fb 1 day ago
Category Archives: star wars
Just when we thought the matter had been settled last year, when The Greatest Star Wars Book Ever was identified, we have this: From the marketing copy: “In this irresistibly funny follow-up to the breakout bestseller Darth Vader and Son, … Continue reading
Yesterday, my 6-year old comes home from school with one of those catalogs from Scholastic they hand out on occasion, from which the kids can order books and the school gets a cut of the deal to fund various things. … Continue reading
Come on. How can you not like something like this? So, what’s the deal? Pretty simple, really: celebrate reading and Star Wars, all at the same time! Lucasfilm and a number of its print licensees, Dark Horse Comics, and other … Continue reading
So, with all the stuff about Hurricane Isaac, the flying squirrel circus that is the Republican convention, and Snooki’s baby over this past weekend, you may not have noticed your childhood being dragged through broken glass yet again, or whatever. … Continue reading
A long time ago, in a theater far, far away…. I was 10 years old and in the summer of 1977 some friends and I went to see Star Wars because out of the movies playing at my neighborhood 4-screen … Continue reading
You can stop looking. From the marketing copy: “What if Darth Vader took an active role in raising his son? What if “Luke, I am your father” was just a stern admonishment from an annoyed dad? In this hilarious and … Continue reading
As some of you may know, my oldest daughter, all of 5, is a budding Star Wars geek. Don’t worry, she still digs Rapunzel from Tangled and various other Disney characters, but she migrates between those things and stuff that … Continue reading
This is awesome. The gang over at GeekTyrant.com have posted a piece of sweet mash-up artwork as rendered by Andrew Chesworth, showcasing what Star Wars might look like if re-imagined by the fine folks at Pixar: Click to visit the … Continue reading
E-Mailed to me by a friend. Yeah, I chuckled.