Writer Dayton Ward’s online man cave. Now with extra bacon.
You've been warned. No whining.
What People Are Reading
- The lost shuttlecraft Galileo...found?
- I sense a disturbance....
- Happy 47th Birthday to the original Starship Enterprise!
- Best of Classic Dave Barry 2013, May 11-17.
- "He's undead, Jim."
- Restored shuttlecraft Galileo bound for Houston!
- Your moment of TrekZen*.
- "Spock's braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain."
- Short Stories
- The best Marine Corps recruiting poster. Ever.
Looking for something?
- Just me and the girls, with Mom out of town. ICE CREAM! PREPARE FOR GLORY!!! #fb 18 hours ago
- "This fandom needs an enema!" - Me, just now. 20 hours ago
- Amusement o/t Day: People younger than me staking out the "We're the REAL fans" ground in the current Trek movie love/hate war. Do go on. :D 20 hours ago
- Today's GeekShirt of Choice: "Shawshank Chess Championship - 1947 - From Inmate to Checkmate." (via @teefury) #fb 23 hours ago
- "Skullfucking Salacious Crumb" is the name of my new band. @ThatKevinSmith #JayAndSilentBob #KC #fb 1 day ago
Category Archives: rants
There used to be a time when spam, if it didn’t just offer up a link to some bullshit product, at least attempted to look like a “real” blog comment or message board post. You might’ve had to read a … Continue reading
A bit of setup: I recently learned that a movie I’ve not yet seen is actually based on a kid’s book. Intrigued at the idea of perhaps getting a new book to one day read to the girls, off to … Continue reading
As a parent, reading about something like this offends me: NPR: Consumer Group Sues McDonald’s Over Happy Meal Toys It sickens me how some people can so easily abdicate their responsibilities as parents, guardians, and teachers of the human beings … Continue reading
One of the downsides of being a full-time work-at-home employee for my dayjob is that by the time the weekend rolls around, I’m ready to blow this popsicle stand. My home office that used to be my writing refuge is … Continue reading
That’s right, today is Read Comics In Public Day. Revel in your fandom, and enjoy a bit of sequential art while basking in the sun, enjoying a nice beverage on a patio or veranda, or whatever. In fact, you should … Continue reading
The wingnuts have convinced me. Yes, by all means, let’s take our cues from the rumors and the incessant, unsubstantiated bullshit and even flat-out, bald-faced lies masquerading as information spewed from the pieholes of opportunistic politicians and talk radio blowhards. … Continue reading
Sent to me today via e-Mail. I’ve read it before, and it’s a bit trite, sure, but it does raise a few points worth considering, particularly given the events of recent days (and weeks, and months, etc.). —– This morning, … Continue reading
Dear Dumbasses (You know who you are. If not, get someone to give you their notes), I realize that during the past eight years, you’ve grown accustomed to a president who – when he’s not torturing the English language like … Continue reading
Why the hell people have to bicker about the most nonsensical crap, or do their damndest to out-asshole one another, within the confines of an internet message board, I’ll never understand. Such areas are supposed to be fun, for crying … Continue reading
We’re credit card holders, and we pay off our balances without fail each month. We’ve known for years that in the ass-backwards world of corporate banking, this responsible behavior, rather than earning us a reputation as a trustworthy credit risk, … Continue reading