Writer Dayton Ward’s online man cave. Now with extra bacon.
What People Are Reading
- SciFi Diner: "What's on your Christmas List? - 2013 Edition!"
- It's the War on Christmas, Charlie Brown!
- Dylan McCade is an Audio Verse Awards Finalist!
- Dayton Who?
- Stuff I've Written
- Back cover description for The Fall: Peaceable Kingdoms.
- WE ARE IN A BOOK! makes my kids laugh. Me, too.
- The end of Film Score Monthly. :(
- Novels & Novellas
- Happy Birthday, Leonard Nimoy!
Looking for something?
- Dear Twitter: You should just print out Tweets/notifications & have someone deliver them to me on horseback, for all the good you're doing. 3 hours ago
- Hey! There's still time to vote for The Adventures of Space Marshal Dylan McCade for the Audio Verse Awards! daytonward.wordpress.com/2013/11/25/dyl… 3 hours ago
- 12 degrees here this morning in Kansas City. It's a good day for the fleece jock. #fb 4 hours ago
- My 7-year old wants to write a fan letter to @rushtheband. DON'T TELL ME I DON'T KNOW GOOD PARENTING. #fb 4 hours ago
- Have we received updates from any of the reporters embedded with troops with respect to the War on Christmas? Just checking. #fb 5 hours ago
Category Archives: news
Just links to a couple of things I found interesting today: First up? Jon Stewart takes Sarah Palin to the woodshed for…well…being Sarah Palin. (Hmm….”Being Sarah Palin.” There’s a story idea in there. Somewhere.) Anyway, while watching this clip, be … Continue reading
Courtesy of fellow word-slinger Elizabeth Donald (aka reannon) comes a link to this very interesting little read, which attempts to shed some light on a discussion (or variations thereof) that’s been quite popular of late, that being what the hell … Continue reading
As a parent, reading about something like this offends me: NPR: Consumer Group Sues McDonald’s Over Happy Meal Toys It sickens me how some people can so easily abdicate their responsibilities as parents, guardians, and teachers of the human beings … Continue reading
I do so love when Jon Stewart goes after anybody who’s deserving of derision and scorn, but this is something special. Basically, Jon’s telling all the GOPers and their lackeys that the days of them milking 9/11 for political points … Continue reading
Courtesy of , check out a couple of rather disturbing clips from MSNBC pundits Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow, offering some perspectives on tomorrow’s mid-term elections. First, Mr. Olbermann gives viewers almost 20 minutes’ worth of rundown regarding the agendas … Continue reading
As many folks here know, yesterday marked the first-ever “Rally to Restore Sanity And/Or Fear,” held at the National Mall in Washington, D.C., and hosted by comedians/satirists Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. By all accounts that aren’t coming from Fox … Continue reading
See if you can find the irony in the following statement: —– “It’s a really sad day for Californians, for families, for our future and for voters that a federal judge has trampled on the civil rights of voters,” said … Continue reading
By now, pretty much everyone’s read or heard about the giant statue of Jesus Christ at a church along I-75 in Monroe, Ohio, which was struck by lightning on Monday evening, and promptly burned to the ground: BoingBoing: Lightning strikes … Continue reading
From the “Oh, the Irony!” file comes this little gem. I’m sure some folks on my f-list have already seen this, or something like it, but I just received it in today’s e-Mail. I offer it here without comment. :/