Writer Dayton Ward’s online man cave. Now with extra bacon.
You've been warned. No whining.
What People Are Reading
- Introducing....The Graduate!
- Dayton Who?
- Star Trek: Topps Trading Cards tribute book!
- Happy 47th Birthday to the original Starship Enterprise!
- Your moment of TrekZen*.
- The OTHER greatest Star Wars book ever. No, really.
- "Ask Dayton" on the G&T Show...#19!
- "Desert Island Trek" podcast, and Space Marshal Dylan McCade!
- No "Ask Dayton" this week....
- Stalk Me
Looking for something?
- A portrait of the writer as a dude with a deadline. http://t.co/Bxyke8RXmU 7 hours ago
- RT @ChrisRRegan: I haven't seen any of the "Fast & Furious" movies. Where's a good place to start? The books? 9 hours ago
- Despite my best efforts, my daughter would not do her impression of Newbomb Turk singing "Volare" at her preschool "graduation." Damn. #fb 10 hours ago
- Based on her choice of wardrobe, I can only guess that the lady on our local cable weather station is going clubbing after her broadcast. 12 hours ago
- Twerplexed: seeing the "Verified" checkmark next to someone in the "Who to follow" box, and you don't know who the fuck they are. #NewWords 13 hours ago
Category Archives: news
Courtesy of fellow word-slinger Elizabeth Donald (aka reannon) comes a link to this very interesting little read, which attempts to shed some light on a discussion (or variations thereof) that’s been quite popular of late, that being what the hell … Continue reading
As a parent, reading about something like this offends me: NPR: Consumer Group Sues McDonald’s Over Happy Meal Toys It sickens me how some people can so easily abdicate their responsibilities as parents, guardians, and teachers of the human beings … Continue reading
I do so love when Jon Stewart goes after anybody who’s deserving of derision and scorn, but this is something special. Basically, Jon’s telling all the GOPers and their lackeys that the days of them milking 9/11 for political points … Continue reading
Courtesy of , check out a couple of rather disturbing clips from MSNBC pundits Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow, offering some perspectives on tomorrow’s mid-term elections. First, Mr. Olbermann gives viewers almost 20 minutes’ worth of rundown regarding the agendas … Continue reading
As many folks here know, yesterday marked the first-ever “Rally to Restore Sanity And/Or Fear,” held at the National Mall in Washington, D.C., and hosted by comedians/satirists Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. By all accounts that aren’t coming from Fox … Continue reading
See if you can find the irony in the following statement: —– “It’s a really sad day for Californians, for families, for our future and for voters that a federal judge has trampled on the civil rights of voters,” said … Continue reading
By now, pretty much everyone’s read or heard about the giant statue of Jesus Christ at a church along I-75 in Monroe, Ohio, which was struck by lightning on Monday evening, and promptly burned to the ground: BoingBoing: Lightning strikes … Continue reading
From the “Oh, the Irony!” file comes this little gem. I’m sure some folks on my f-list have already seen this, or something like it, but I just received it in today’s e-Mail. I offer it here without comment. :/
Over the last couple of days, I’ve been asked about my thoughts on the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” law banning gays and lesbians from serving openly in the U.S. armed forces. With the current activities concerning the policy making headlines … Continue reading
….this moron. AL.com: Jefferson County geometry teacher uses wrong example to teach angles — assassination of President Barack Obama Really? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE??? You know, I can at least understand normal, everyday idiots on the … Continue reading