Writer Dayton Ward’s online man cave. Now with extra bacon.
You've been warned. No whining.
What People Are Reading
- Your moment of TrekZen*.
- Active, former or retired military? You should be reading The Duffel Blog.
- I sense a disturbance....
- "He's undead, Jim."
- "Spock's braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain."
- Novel Spaces - "Tips for living with a writer? A list, deconstructed."
- Richard C. Datin, Jr., RIP.
- Ask Dayton #72 on the G&T Show: "Spock vs. Picard?"
- The lost shuttlecraft Galileo...found?
- Shuttlecraft Galileo....SOLD!
Looking for something?
- "Skullfucking Salacious Crumb" is the name of my new band. @ThatKevinSmith #JayAndSilentBob #KC #fb 8 hours ago
- Ladies ladies ladies! @kevindilmore & I are at the Midland KC for Jay & Silent Bob's Super Groovy Cartoon Movie! @ThatKevinSmith Q&A after! 12 hours ago
- RT @ThatNeilGuy: This may be my favorite Star Trek book cover ever. From History's Shadow by @DaytonWard. amazon.com/gp/product/B00… 13 hours ago
- Watching NCIS season finale...I did *NOT* know who they were going to use for Gibbs' lawyer. JAG callback FTMFW!!! #fb 1 day ago
- I was just thinking it's been a while since I came across Pat Robertson saying something stupid. gaw.kr/I2VklMS (via @Gawker) 1 day ago
Category Archives: news
Apparently, I’m supposed to be outraged over this: According to various news stories I’ve read, this is one of two “in-house” training videos created by/for the Internal Revenue Service three years ago. This one, the Trek spoof, was created as … Continue reading
After a long cease-fire, hostilities once more are heating up, with reports coming in from checkout lanes and talking heads stationed all along the front lines. “Remember the 25th!” and all that jazz. Yep, the “War on Christmas” is back. … Continue reading
Those of you who read this space with any frequency know that I’ve mentioned the volunteer work my wife performs as part of a search and rescue team of dogs and their specially-trained handlers. The team assists law enforcement to … Continue reading
A little public service announcement. This, contrary to what One Million Moms Six Moms With Too Much Time On Their Hands and a Shitty Website* and some other folks might think, is not brainwashing: DC Comics’ New Gay Green Lantern … Continue reading
I’ve read a few of Harry Turtledove’s books, but I wouldn’t consider myself a hardcore fan. You know what? You don’t have to be a fan of Mr. Turtledove in order to be a fan of what he did for … Continue reading
Those of you who don’t live in or near the Kansas City area but perhaps have a news fetish for the goings-on in other parts of the country/world may be aware that our fair town is experiencing some “issues” of … Continue reading
You know, there are some people who, quite simply, are too stupid to be allowed outside their home without a leash. Unfortunately, it appears that…sometimes…we elect such people to public office. Adding yet more weight to the prevailing theory that … Continue reading
A local indie paper here in Kansas City, The Pitch, has a knack for reporting stories from the metro area that always bring a smile to my face, and sometimes they even elicit an outright belly laugh. Today brought one … Continue reading
This is going to get a lot of attention in the news today, and with good reason. On January 20th, 1961, President John F. Kennedy gave his inaugural address. It’s one of the most famous, moving speeches in our nation’s … Continue reading
Just links to a couple of things I found interesting today: First up? Jon Stewart takes Sarah Palin to the woodshed for…well…being Sarah Palin. (Hmm….”Being Sarah Palin.” There’s a story idea in there. Somewhere.) Anyway, while watching this clip, be … Continue reading