Writer Dayton Ward’s online man cave. Now with extra bacon.
You've been warned. No whining.
What People Are Reading
- The lost shuttlecraft Galileo...found?
- I sense a disturbance....
- Best of Classic Dave Barry 2013, May 11-17.
- "He's undead, Jim."
- Your moment of TrekZen*.
- Happy 47th Birthday to the original Starship Enterprise!
- "Spock's braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain."
- Short Stories
- God Speed to the Crew of Apollo 1.
- Star Trek: Infestation #2 cover.
Looking for something?
- Just me and the girls, with Mom out of town. ICE CREAM! PREPARE FOR GLORY!!! #fb 11 hours ago
- "This fandom needs an enema!" - Me, just now. 13 hours ago
- Amusement o/t Day: People younger than me staking out the "We're the REAL fans" ground in the current Trek movie love/hate war. Do go on. :D 13 hours ago
- Today's GeekShirt of Choice: "Shawshank Chess Championship - 1947 - From Inmate to Checkmate." (via @teefury) #fb 16 hours ago
- "Skullfucking Salacious Crumb" is the name of my new band. @ThatKevinSmith #JayAndSilentBob #KC #fb 1 day ago
Category Archives: movies
“This ship is equipped with a forward-mounted, twenty-millimeter electric cannon. Its six barrels are capable of firing four thousand rounds of ammunition per minute. And that, gentlemen, is one hell of a shit-storm in anybody’s language!” Frank Murphy, helicopter pilot for … Continue reading
Today, I stopped at my local Target store to grab some lunch. Their deli section has some decent salads, sandwiches, and other selections, and I’ve acquired a taste for this buffalo chicken wrap thing they make every day. Don’t worry: … Continue reading
C’mon, Trekkies! Raise your hands if you’re doing this tonight: Fathom Events: Star Trek: The Next Generation – “The Best of Both Worlds” From the Fathom website: Special Fathom Features: “The Best of Both Worlds” – the two-part storyline comprising … Continue reading
“Eighteen months ago, the first evidence of intelligent life off the Earth was discovered. It was buried forty feet below the lunar surface, near the crater Tycho. Except for a single, very powerful radio emission aimed at Jupiter, the four … Continue reading
Another Sunday, another episode of the Sunday G&T Show, hosted by friends Nick Minecci and Terry Lynn Shull, with Marvelous Mike Medeiros holding the whole thing together with shock cords and sheer force of will! Despite some technical oddities early on, the gang rallied yet again … Continue reading
Whaaaaaaaat? A while back, I wrote a blog piece for my friends over at Forgotten Flix which was to be part of a series of retrospectives on different sorts of movies from the 1980s. I was asked to yammer a … Continue reading
“Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil’s pawn. Alone among God’s primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother’s land. Let him not breed in great numbers, … Continue reading
With Christmas but a week away, I’m reminded that I’m already behind on my holiday movie re-watching. Curse you, novel deadline! That said, I’ve got some vacation time coming and so I hope to make good on annual film traditions. … Continue reading
“Why does a lieutenant junior grade with nine months’ experience and a track record for plea bargaining get assigned to a murder case? Would it be so it never sees the inside of a courtroom?“ Before The West Wing and … Continue reading