Writer Dayton Ward’s online man cave. Now with extra bacon.
You've been warned. No whining.
What People Are Reading
- Your moment of TrekZen*.
- Active, former or retired military? You should be reading The Duffel Blog.
- I sense a disturbance....
- "He's undead, Jim."
- "Spock's braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain."
- Novel Spaces - "Tips for living with a writer? A list, deconstructed."
- Ask Dayton #72 on the G&T Show: "Spock vs. Picard?"
- Ward's Wayback Trek Reviews: Entry #17!
- The lost shuttlecraft Galileo...found?
- Richard C. Datin, Jr., RIP.
Looking for something?
- Today's GeekShirt of Choice: "Shawshank Chess Championship - 1947 - From Inmate to Checkmate." (via @teefury) #fb 1 hour ago
- "Skullfucking Salacious Crumb" is the name of my new band. @ThatKevinSmith #JayAndSilentBob #KC #fb 12 hours ago
- Ladies ladies ladies! @kevindilmore & I are at the Midland KC for Jay & Silent Bob's Super Groovy Cartoon Movie! @ThatKevinSmith Q&A after! 15 hours ago
- RT @ThatNeilGuy: This may be my favorite Star Trek book cover ever. From History's Shadow by @DaytonWard. amazon.com/gp/product/B00… 17 hours ago
- Watching NCIS season finale...I did *NOT* know who they were going to use for Gibbs' lawyer. JAG callback FTMFW!!! #fb 1 day ago
Category Archives: life
March 16th, 1991: Look at these two silly kids. This will never last. 22 years ago today, I committed to the smartest decision I’ve ever made in my life. I can’t speak for her, but I don’t regret a single … Continue reading
I originally wrote this for my mother’s birthday a few years ago, and realized the following year that I’d used up all of the coolest anecdotes and funniest little bits the first time around. So, I decided to make this … Continue reading
Relax. This new member is of the four-legged variety. Say hello to “Dexter.” He’s a stray taken in by a friend, who then offered him to us, as the girls had been clamoring for a “kitty cat” for a while … Continue reading
Like a lot of people, I was stunned to hear that Peter David, prolific author in a variety of mediums including comics, prose, video games and television, suffered a stroke on December 30th while vacationing with his family in Florida. … Continue reading
With 2013 on closing in on final approach in my part of the world, I figured I’d take a few moments and reflect on the 2012 that was….for me, at least. All in all, it was a very good year … Continue reading
With Addy’s ascension to the realm of public school–which presently takes the form of Kindergarten–I knew that with winter approaching I soon would be faced with the reality of the “Snow Day.” That’s right, the teachers and administrators don’t want … Continue reading
Generally speaking, I’m pretty laid-back when it comes to interacting with the hard-working men and women of our service industry. Customer service reps, restaurant servers, repair technicians, whatever…I try not to be the dick so many other people seem to … Continue reading
I originally wrote this for my mother’s birthday a couple of years ago, and realized the following year that I’d used up all of the coolest anecdotes and funniest little bits the first time around. So, I decided to make … Continue reading
As 2011 winds down in this part of the world, I have to say that the year–all in all–has been pretty gosh-darned good to me. First off, my wife and I celebrated our 20th anniversary this year. Our oldest daughter … Continue reading