Writer Dayton Ward’s online man cave. Now with extra bacon.
You've been warned. No whining.
What People Are Reading
- The lost shuttlecraft Galileo...found?
- Even more old-school Trek goodness from Doug Drexler.
- Shuttlecraft Galileo....SOLD!
- Happy 40th Anniversary, M*A*S*H.
- Star Trek: Typhon Pact...Cross Cult Style!
- Your other car could be the Shuttlecraft Galileo!
- Happy 30th Anniversary, Blue Thunder!
- Your moment of TrekZen*.
- Happy 47th Birthday to the original Starship Enterprise!
- Mars Attacks: 50th Anniversary Collection tribute book.
Looking for something?
- Holy crap. The original Star Trek series in Blu-ray is fabulous. 13 hours ago
- Ah, Monday: We meet again. http://t.co/L4Kz755s 21 hours ago
- Just me and the girls, with Mom out of town. ICE CREAM! PREPARE FOR GLORY!!! #fb 2 days ago
- "This fandom needs an enema!" - Me, just now. 2 days ago
- Amusement o/t Day: People younger than me staking out the "We're the REAL fans" ground in the current Trek movie love/hate war. Do go on. :D 2 days ago
Category Archives: kc
Awwww, yeah. This weekend is the annual Planet Comicon here in Kansas City. As they state with pride on their website, it indeed is KC’s largest pop culture and comic book convention. No, it’s nowhere near San Diego-sized, but a … Continue reading
Those of you who don’t live in or near the Kansas City area but perhaps have a news fetish for the goings-on in other parts of the country/world may be aware that our fair town is experiencing some “issues” of … Continue reading
Thanks to some pinch-hitting mercy bestowed upon us by friends after our primary and secondary kid-sitting options fell through, Michi and I were able to meet up with Kevin at the beautiful Midland Theater in Kansas City, and attend our … Continue reading
A local indie paper here in Kansas City, The Pitch, has a knack for reporting stories from the metro area that always bring a smile to my face, and sometimes they even elicit an outright belly laugh. Today brought one … Continue reading
One of the highlights of last week’s uber-cool Kansas City Fringe Festival was KHAAAAAN! The Musical, a 45-minute parody play based very, very loosely on the Enterprise crew’s encounter with the nefarious Khan Noonien Singh (original series episode “Space Seed” … Continue reading
Does our city council spend its hours reining in our bloated budget, drunken sailor-esque spending, growing list of all-but ignored critical capital improvement projects, beleaguered school system, or…you know…anything of worth? No. Instead, these are the issues our city council … Continue reading
So, we got our first “real” snow today. Nothing significant in the way of accumulation. That is, it really shouldn’t have been. It started around 9:30am, and by 11:20 or so when I left the office, it was only just … Continue reading
Mayor’s office has a new annex — his home in Brookside Now, to appreciate this, you have to know more about what’s going on. Kansas City (Missouri) Mayor Mark Funkhouser, until recently, enjoyed the full-time volunteer support of his wife, … Continue reading
I’ve been reading Joe Posnanski‘s columns since he started writing for The Kansas City Star in 1996. He’s one of my favorite sports writers — always keeping a level head and providing an even-keeled perspective on the KC sports scene, … Continue reading