Writer Dayton Ward’s online man cave. Now with extra bacon.
You've been warned. No whining.
What People Are Reading
- The lost shuttlecraft Galileo...found?
- I sense a disturbance....
- "He's undead, Jim."
- Best of Classic Dave Barry 2013, May 11-17.
- Restored shuttlecraft Galileo bound for Houston!
- Happy 47th Birthday to the original Starship Enterprise!
- Your moment of TrekZen*.
- Happy 45th Anniversary, Planet of the Apes!
- Short Stories
- "Spock's braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain."
Looking for something?
- Just me and the girls, with Mom out of town. ICE CREAM! PREPARE FOR GLORY!!! #fb 1 day ago
- "This fandom needs an enema!" - Me, just now. 1 day ago
- Amusement o/t Day: People younger than me staking out the "We're the REAL fans" ground in the current Trek movie love/hate war. Do go on. :D 1 day ago
- Today's GeekShirt of Choice: "Shawshank Chess Championship - 1947 - From Inmate to Checkmate." (via @teefury) #fb 1 day ago
- "Skullfucking Salacious Crumb" is the name of my new band. @ThatKevinSmith #JayAndSilentBob #KC #fb 1 day ago
Category Archives: flashfic
A week or so ago, I announced that I’d be doing another “Halloween Twitter Story” again this year, following the postive feedback I got from last year’s story in this vein, “Last Stand.” Now that we’re getting closer to Halloween, … Continue reading
Some of you might remember that last year, I “live tweeted” (what other kind of tweeting is there?) a piece of flash fiction to Twitter on Halloween night, switching between firing off a few tweets and handing out candy to … Continue reading
Back on Halloween, I presented my flash-fiction story “Last Stand” as a series of tweets on Twitter. Each tweet was appended with the hashtag #laststand so folks could keep track of the feed I was conjuring. Since then, I’ve had … Continue reading
So, I decided to try an experiment this Halloween. Tomorrow night, starting sometime after 6pm Central time (about the time I assume my post as CandyGuy at our front door), I’m going to start “live tweeting” over on Twitter. One … Continue reading
Thanks to reading tapestry01‘s LJ, I’m reminded that today marks the 3rd annual International Pixel-Stained Technopeasant Day. According to author Jo Walton, who founded this festive occasion in 2007, the purpose of IPSTD is “to encourage writers to post “professional … Continue reading
Just this evening, I sent friend and writer Chris Pimental the seventh installment of "Stayin’ In Vegas," the serial I’m writing 700 words at a crack, flashfic style, for his Bad Things "pulpazine." The site is chock-full of hard-boiled/noir/hard crime … Continue reading
Friend and writer Chris Pimental has launched Bad Things, an online “pulpazine” dedicated to stories of the hard-boiled/noir/hard crime persuasion, which went live just today. He’s collected a nice assortment of short stories and flash fiction from both veteran and … Continue reading
Received an e-Mail from editor D.Z. Allen that his Muzzle Flash fiction site is closing up shop after a little more than three years in operation. For those who don’t know, MF was a home for hard-boiled flash fiction, with … Continue reading
DZ Allen e-Mailed me to let me know that the fifth installment of my ongoing, interminable flash fiction serial “Stayin’ In Vegas” is now up and available for reading at his Muzzle Flash site. Part 6 has been in his … Continue reading