Writer Dayton Ward’s online man cave. Now with extra bacon.
You've been warned. No whining.
What People Are Reading
- The lost shuttlecraft Galileo...found?
- I sense a disturbance....
- Restored shuttlecraft Galileo bound for Houston!
- "He's undead, Jim."
- Best of Classic Dave Barry 2013, May 11-17.
- Happy 47th Birthday to the original Starship Enterprise!
- David Mack's STORMING HEAVEN, and a Vanguard guide.
- Novel Spaces - "Tips for living with a writer? A list, deconstructed."
- The best Marine Corps recruiting poster. Ever.
- Happy 45th Anniversary, Planet of the Apes!
Looking for something?
- Just me and the girls, with Mom out of town. ICE CREAM! PREPARE FOR GLORY!!! #fb 1 day ago
- "This fandom needs an enema!" - Me, just now. 1 day ago
- Amusement o/t Day: People younger than me staking out the "We're the REAL fans" ground in the current Trek movie love/hate war. Do go on. :D 1 day ago
- Today's GeekShirt of Choice: "Shawshank Chess Championship - 1947 - From Inmate to Checkmate." (via @teefury) #fb 1 day ago
- "Skullfucking Salacious Crumb" is the name of my new band. @ThatKevinSmith #JayAndSilentBob #KC #fb 1 day ago
Category Archives: erin
…we’ve gone from this: to this: By my calculations, I’ve lost four years, eleven months, and sixteen days’ sleep since then. Happy Birthday, Erin!
Because it’s Father’s Day, here are some of my favorite “GeekDaddy” pics with the girls. November 2006. Addy’s 2 months old, and already doomed: June 2008. There’s a new kid on the block, so now I can delegate the indoctrination … Continue reading
As some of you may know, my oldest daughter, all of 5, is a budding Star Wars geek. Don’t worry, she still digs Rapunzel from Tangled and various other Disney characters, but she migrates between those things and stuff that … Continue reading
How the heck did THAT happen? There will be cupcake and ice cream refreshments served on the Promenade Deck at preschool, followed by a rigorous taekwondo session, dinner, presents, and perhaps a treat or two. Erin, of course, is most … Continue reading
Recent arrivals here at the Manor. Mr. Potato Head on the bridge! They ought to get the raging fanboys into a fresh froth, but the kids love ‘em, so that’s all I need to know. Next up? Captain Kirk as … Continue reading
Only because I haven’t done this in a while…here: Look at a picture of my kids. Don’t say I didn’t warn ya. You can just tell they’re up to something….
Just before bedtime: (Click to make all big and whatnot.) Father is pleased.
(Hint: The one on the left. Your left. Your military left.) Where the hell did all that time go? Could I have some of those hours back so I can catch up on my sleep? Please?
Superman and His Not Quite So Super Friends! (Click to enlarge.) Superman: “Friends, I’m off to save the world from Lex Luthor and the Legion of Doom!” Me: “Anybody gonna eat that bagel?” (On a related note: If you let … Continue reading