Writer Dayton Ward’s online man cave. Now with extra bacon.
You've been warned. No whining.
What People Are Reading
- First look at Star Trek: The Fall, courtesy of StarTrek.com
- Introducing....The Graduate!
- Happy Towel Day!
- The lost shuttlecraft Galileo...found?
- Preventive Maintenance...the Final Frontier?
- Happy 47th Birthday to the original Starship Enterprise!
- The best Marine Corps recruiting poster. Ever.
- Shuttlecraft Galileo....SOLD!
- Star Trek: Topps Trading Cards tribute book!
- 30 years of Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator.
Looking for something?
- A portrait of the writer as a dude with a deadline. http://t.co/Bxyke8RXmU 1 day ago
- RT @ChrisRRegan: I haven't seen any of the "Fast & Furious" movies. Where's a good place to start? The books? 1 day ago
- Despite my best efforts, my daughter would not do her impression of Newbomb Turk singing "Volare" at her preschool "graduation." Damn. #fb 1 day ago
- Based on her choice of wardrobe, I can only guess that the lady on our local cable weather station is going clubbing after her broadcast. 1 day ago
Category Archives: craigslist
Been a while since I posted anything about my infrequent venturing to my local Craigslist “writing jobs/writing gigs” sections. Why? Because there’s only so much funny to be mined from Examiner postings and ads for something called “BetterWritingJobs.com.” But, every … Continue reading
So, I’m checking the Kansas City Craigslist writing job ads before I head to bed. Why? Because it amuses me to do so. It’ll amuse you, too, because this night’s review yielded the following Gem of Awesome: Erotic Writer Needed … Continue reading
Another day, another gander at Craigslist, and the humor to be found in some of job listings. I’m guessing this guy’s search engine expertise doesn’t extend to figuring out a respectable wage to offer to a writer he wants to … Continue reading
Because such things never cease to amuse me. I’m almost tempted to respond to this one, since it’s local, and even though I should know better…. —– NEED SOMEONE TO REWRITE Hi all here is what im looking for i … Continue reading
Found this one in the “Writing Gigs” section. I offer it here as I found it: —– Extensive help needed with creative writing class! I need extensive help in my creative writing class. By extensive, you will need to drive … Continue reading
I’ve read this one five or six times, and I still don’t understand it. —– I have my Masters in Physics and am looking for several writers on spec to publish novels, short stories. The content ranges vastly. Please email … Continue reading
For reasons surpassing understanding, I occasionally prowl the “writing jobs” and “writing gigs” sections of Craigslist, in the off chance that a legit freelancing gig should present itself, and which I might pursue for a few extra bucks (and for … Continue reading
I don’t know why I bother, but the jokes just write themselves. While perusing the “Writing/Editing Jobs” section, which I used to do in the vain hope that someone, some day, would post a legit freelance job opportunity, but which … Continue reading
It’s funny because it’s sounds so sincere, especially the whole coffee bit. From the “Writing gigs” section: —– My name is [redacted], from [redacted]. Looking for a writer to help or adopt my writing. I am a writer in the … Continue reading