Writer Dayton Ward’s online man cave. Now with extra bacon.
You've been warned. No whining.
What People Are Reading
- The lost shuttlecraft Galileo...found?
- I sense a disturbance....
- "He's undead, Jim."
- Best of Classic Dave Barry 2013, May 11-17.
- Happy 47th Birthday to the original Starship Enterprise!
- Restored shuttlecraft Galileo bound for Houston!
- Happy 45th Anniversary, Planet of the Apes!
- Your moment of TrekZen*.
- Star Trek: Infestation #2 cover.
- The best Marine Corps recruiting poster. Ever.
Looking for something?
- Just me and the girls, with Mom out of town. ICE CREAM! PREPARE FOR GLORY!!! #fb 21 hours ago
- "This fandom needs an enema!" - Me, just now. 23 hours ago
- Amusement o/t Day: People younger than me staking out the "We're the REAL fans" ground in the current Trek movie love/hate war. Do go on. :D 1 day ago
- Today's GeekShirt of Choice: "Shawshank Chess Championship - 1947 - From Inmate to Checkmate." (via @teefury) #fb 1 day ago
- "Skullfucking Salacious Crumb" is the name of my new band. @ThatKevinSmith #JayAndSilentBob #KC #fb 1 day ago
Category Archives: concerts
Thanks to some pinch-hitting mercy bestowed upon us by friends after our primary and secondary kid-sitting options fell through, Michi and I were able to meet up with Kevin at the beautiful Midland Theater in Kansas City, and attend our … Continue reading
A night out with the wife and friends, Kevin Smith, and the Westboro Baptist Church? Wow. Okay, so here’s the lowdown: Writer/director/podcaster/Silent Bob alter ego Kevin Smith returned to Kansas City this past Saturday night, bringing with him his new … Continue reading
Holy. Shit. For those who aren’t up to speed, writer/director/podcaster/storyteller/Silent Bob’s alter ego, Kevin Smith, recently launched a cross-country tour to promote his latest movie, the low-budget indie feature Red State. Many people look at the flick as some kind … Continue reading
Leaving our offspring in the care of our trusted friends Gail and Gregg (or, as the kids call them, “Aunt Gail and Uncle Gregg”), Michi and I made our way with great enthusiasm to the Starlight Theater in Kansas City … Continue reading
Rush is in Kansas City on Thursday, July 1st, at the Starlight Theater. Yes, Michi and I will be there. After all, they’ve taken care of everything; the words we read, the songs we sing, the pictures that give pleasure … Continue reading
Last night, Silent Bob spoke. Like a muthafukka, he did. With our good friends the LaRocks offering to babysit our offspring (it sounds like a prison sentence, but G&G seem to love doing it…for reasons surpassing understanding), Michi, Kevin, and … Continue reading
It’s Christmas time, and one of our annual traditions is taking in the Trans-Siberian Orchestra when they come to town. This year was no different, and Michi and I — along with Kevin and his daughter, Colleen — made our … Continue reading
Wow. That was pretty fun. With trusted friends Gail and Gregg LaRock acting as babysitters, the Mrs. and I were able to sneak away for a very rare few hours away from it all. Star Wars In Concert is a … Continue reading
So, I recently discovered that this event was coming to Kansas City in December. I’ve talked it over briefly with Michi and Kevin, and we finally decided we were going to go. The idea sounds fun enough on the face … Continue reading
I’d already ordered tickets for this year’s Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert Kansas City, which will take place on December 23rd and carry forward our annual tradition of taking in this holiday show. For those tickets, I was able to pre-order awesome … Continue reading