Writer Dayton Ward’s online man cave. Now with extra bacon.
You've been warned. No whining.
What People Are Reading
- Star Trek: Topps Trading Cards tribute book!
- Your moment of TrekZen*.
- Shuttlecraft Galileo....SOLD!
- "The Bionic Woman, Part One" on Cyborgs: A Bionic Podcast!
- "Ten for Ward" #7 at StarTrek.com: Ten Favorite Trek Audiobooks!
- Novels & Novellas
- No "Ask Dayton" this week....
- April writing wrap-up.
- When the books talk back.
- The lost shuttlecraft Galileo...found?
Looking for something?
- Today is my oldest's last day of Kindergarten. How the heck did THAT happen so fast? #fb 2 hours ago
- RT @zeldawilliams: Read more books! This isn't directed to anyone in particular, but most people in general. Reading is too wonderful and b… 12 hours ago
- PROGRAMMING NOTE: From this point forward, I will only autograph copies of my books using the Comics Sans font. #fb 13 hours ago
- :: Checks watch :: Hey, it's Beer Thirty. #fb 14 hours ago
- Trying to teach my youngest to yell "SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!" when she "graduates" pre-school tomorrow night. No luck, so far. 14 hours ago
Category Archives: books
Sherman! Set the Wayback Machine for 1976! Young Dayton is but nine years old, running around his neighborhood playing with his friends. Every so often, between this all-important activity and other, mundane pursuits like school, Dayton finds time to catch … Continue reading
Today, I stopped at my local Target store to grab some lunch. Their deli section has some decent salads, sandwiches, and other selections, and I’ve acquired a taste for this buffalo chicken wrap thing they make every day. Don’t worry: … Continue reading
Just when we thought the matter had been settled last year, when The Greatest Star Wars Book Ever was identified, we have this: From the marketing copy: “In this irresistibly funny follow-up to the breakout bestseller Darth Vader and Son, … Continue reading
First, I must apologize if this post comes out looking a bit weird. I’m doing it from my smartphone, which is proving to be quite the challenge. Anyway, while I’ve been hanging out here in Denver, the cover art and … Continue reading
Wait, what? That’s right! Today marks the 60th anniversary of the initial publication of Casino Royale, the very first James Bond novel by Ian Fleming, in 1953. As most folks know, the novel was only moderately successful, and nothing more … Continue reading
As you may have surmised after spending any time here, I like books. As a consequence of me being their daddy, my kids like books, too. Of course, they’re still learning to read. My 6-year old handles herself pretty well, … Continue reading
Earlier today, I spent a few minutes exchanging e-Mails with a friend about a book pertaining to the Second World War that’s currently in development. I made a comment that the proposed art for the cover reminded me of something … Continue reading
Back in July, we found out that German publisher Cross Cult had posted preliminary cover art for their forthcoming translations of the first four Star Trek: Typhon Pact novels. Now thanks to “8of5″ over at The Trek Collective, we know that the … Continue reading
This was a little surprise that crossed my radar screen yesterday. Apparently, Pocket Books has decided to start collecting different Star Trek novels into e-Book omnibus editions. Among the initial offerings will be David Mack‘s Star Trek: Destiny trilogy in … Continue reading