Writer Dayton Ward’s online man cave. Now with extra bacon.
You've been warned. No whining.
What People Are Reading
- The lost shuttlecraft Galileo...found?
- I sense a disturbance....
- "He's undead, Jim."
- Best of Classic Dave Barry 2013, May 11-17.
- Happy 47th Birthday to the original Starship Enterprise!
- Restored shuttlecraft Galileo bound for Houston!
- The best Marine Corps recruiting poster. Ever.
- Your moment of TrekZen*.
- Star Trek: Infestation #2 cover.
- Happy 45th Anniversary, Planet of the Apes!
Looking for something?
- Just me and the girls, with Mom out of town. ICE CREAM! PREPARE FOR GLORY!!! #fb 22 hours ago
- "This fandom needs an enema!" - Me, just now. 1 day ago
- Amusement o/t Day: People younger than me staking out the "We're the REAL fans" ground in the current Trek movie love/hate war. Do go on. :D 1 day ago
- Today's GeekShirt of Choice: "Shawshank Chess Championship - 1947 - From Inmate to Checkmate." (via @teefury) #fb 1 day ago
- "Skullfucking Salacious Crumb" is the name of my new band. @ThatKevinSmith #JayAndSilentBob #KC #fb 1 day ago
Category Archives: apes
“Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil’s pawn. Alone among God’s primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother’s land. Let him not breed in great numbers, … Continue reading
“Tonight we have seen the birth of the planet of the apes!“ Oh. It’s on now. In the “far off future” of 1991, people now live in what looks to be an oppresssive, militaristic society. Law enforcement (dressed in the … Continue reading
Okay, I think we knew this was coming, right? Last year’s Rise of the Planet of the Apes, 20th Century Fox’s most recent attempt to reboot the venerable Planet of the Apes franchise, was a hit. Not only was it … Continue reading
This week’s episode of The Chronic Rift is all about the Apes…those damned, dirty Apes. To discuss the Apes, their stinking paws, and whatnot, host John Drew (drewshi) brought me to the Chronic Rift Roundtable along with Apes aficionado Roger … Continue reading
So, earlier this week, we got to see the theatrical trailer for Rise of the Planet of the Apes, 20th Century Fox’s latest attempt to jumpstart the classic sci-fi movie and merchandising Planet of the Apes franchise that has earned … Continue reading
Check out what friend Rich Handley threw in my direction yesterday: News of a new Planet of the Apes comic series from BOOM!, with the first issue releasing in April. ComicBookMovie.com: Boom! to Publish New Planet of the Apes Comics! … Continue reading
According to the Sci Fi Wire, Rise of the Apes, the proposed Planet of the Apes prequel, has been given a tentative release date for next summer. The title appears to have dropped the Caesar prefix, at least for now. … Continue reading
I missed saying something about this the other day, so I’m playing a bit of catchup. According to an article posted Wednesday at Slice of SciFi, 20th Century Fox has given the go-ahead for production to proceed on a prequel … Continue reading
Today, I was alerted to some new movement in the on-again/off-again reworking/rebooting/re-imagining of the Planet of the Apes franchise. A couple of years ago, CHUD.com reported that writer/director Scott Frank had been given the plum assignment of writing the story … Continue reading